FirmMan Rhode Island
CUSTOM training plans for this race
- Date: September 13, 2015
Narragansett Town Beach,
Narragansett, Rhode Island
- Country: United States
- Race type: Triathlon (1/2 Ironman)
- Distances: Swim (2112.00 yards) Bike (56.00 miles) Run (13.10 miles)
- Organization: Firm Racing
- Website: http://www.firm-racing.com/
- Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Description: The race begins with a 1.2 mile swim in Narragansett Bay. Swim waves are sent out every four minutes. The spectator-friendly swim course is J shaped with the beach start adjacent to last house on the north end of the beach. Typically, the current follows the swimmers towards the seawall allowing for fast swimming conditions for most of the course. Surfriders, Narragansett lifeguards, surfers and kayakers are in the water to provide support. Water temperatures range from 65-70F and wetsuits are highly recommended.
The Firmman bike is a 56 mile ride that combines riding on scenic rolling countryside roads and hammering the fast sections on Route 1. Winds tend to be from the south each year so a tailwind is present most of the time on the return leg of the course. There are two water bottle exchanges: one at mile 27; one at mile 35. Water, HEED, Gu, and bananas are available at each exchange. Bike course closes at noon.
The Firmman run course offers 13.1 miles of beautiful Narragansett scenery with enthusiastic volunteers to support the runners along the way. An aid station is located every mile with water, HEED, Gu, bananas, pretzels, and electrolytes. The final mile consists of a beach run with hundreds of spectators enjoying their day at the beach while cheering the finishers during the final part of the race. The run course closes at 3:00 PM.
Members who are scheduled to race: