Tri the Midlands Triathlon
CUSTOM training plans for this race
- Date: June 20, 2015
Lake Carolina Development,
Northeast Columbia, South Carolina
- Country: United States
- Race type: Triathlon (Sprint)
- Distances: Swim (500.00 meters) Bike (14.00 miles) Run (5.00 kms)
- Organization: Set Up Events
- Website: http://www.setupevents.com/?fuseaction=event_detail&eventID=2747
- Contact email:
- Description: The Lake Swim is a beginner-friendly, quick, 500m triangular course that enters the water from the beach a short walk from transition area. Athletes will begin with a deep water start.
The bike leaves Lake Carolina from the front entrance and moves through the rural roads over rolling hills finally re-entering Lake Carolina near the YMCA and ending back in Harborside.
The out-&-back run then takes the athletes out into Lake Carolina along scenic trails and over the bridge before ending at the Village Green in Harborside. The challenge in the run is heading up the hill after crossing the lake bridge. There is a steep grade on this hill but it only lasts for a couple hundred yards! The Village Green make Tri the Midlands a spectator friendly race and provides a great backdrop for post race discussions and refreshments. This is also a great area for spectators to hang out! From the green they can see the bike route leaving and returning as well as the race/run finish. We recommend having spectators bring fold out chairs and a cooler with their favorite refreshments so they can enjoy themselves while they wait for their favorite athletes to pass by & finish!
Members who are scheduled to race: