Ironman 70.3 Calgary
CUSTOM training plans for this race
- Date: July 26, 2015
- Country: Canada
- Race type: Triathlon (1/2 Ironman)
- Distances: Swim (1900.00 meters) Bike (56.00 miles) Run (13.10 miles)
- Organization: Rocky Mountain Triathlon Company
- Website: http://www.ironmancalgary.com
- Contact email: Ironmancalgary@gmail.com
- Description: This course is one of the most challenging in the IRONMAN 70.3 series and has been voted one of the top-ten most scenic triathlons in the world by Triathlete Magazine.
Athletes will begin with a 1.2-mile wave-start, one-loop swim that will start and finish at the beach of Auburn Bay Lake in south Calgary. A 56-mile bike course will take cyclists point-to-point through a tour of Alberta's spectacular ranch country and features views of the Rockies. The course is challenging, but fast. The 13.1-mile run is an out-and-back paved run course through the beautiful pathways of Glenmore Park that will take athletes along the Elbow River in the urban Weaselhead Natural Area. Although it's relatively flat, the run course will treat athletes to two challenging hills.
Members who are scheduled to race: barbchung, h9lfc, mtsnorider, NLG, rbruckshaw, sbradley11