CUSTOM training plans for this race
- Date: September 07, 2014
- Address: 2217 Jamestown Rd.,
Williamsburg, Virginia Get directions
- Country: United States
- Race type: Triathlon (Sprint)
- Distances: Swim (750.00 meters) Bike (20.00 kms) Run (5.00 kms)
- Organization: Set Up Events
- Website: http://www.setupevents.com/?fuseaction=event_detail&eventID=2571
- Contact email:
- Description: Swim: The swim course is a 750 meter rectangular course in the brackish James River. The start and finish alternate each year between the beach adjacent to the Ferry and the beach just downriver from the 4-H Center. The water temperature is expected to be in the upper 70's. A preliminary water temperature will be posted on the website the Thursday prior to the event. An official reading will be taken race morning.
Bike: The bike course is very fast and flat. This is an out and back course. Just prior to the turnaround point athletes will exit Rt. 5 onto a 12 foot wide freshly paved bike path to get to the turnaround point and resume the return section on Route 5.
Run: The run is pancake flat and is on an asphalt bike path that parallels the bike course. There will be an aid station at the start of the run and at the turnaround point. Aid stations for the sprint will have water and ice.
- Members who are scheduled to race: bsolomon, drbraxton, estrickland, Graveytrain06, kbrennan2, localoca, maranna, mscott203, thompsonjf, tunabloop, woodrufft, xeon