XTERRA DINO Southern Indiana Triathlon
CUSTOM training plans for this race
- Date: July 16, 2016
Versailles State Park,
- Country: United States
- Race type: Triathlon (Other)
- Distances: Swim (1000.00 meters) Bike (13.00 miles) Run (5.00 miles)
- Organization: DINO, LLC
- Website: http://www.dinoseries.com
- Contact email: Brian15@DINOseries.com
- Description: SWIM: The swim start is from a beach to the east of the boat ramp. The course is a counterclockwise, triangular loop in the deepest part of Versailles Lake. Lifeguards will be patrolling the course on rowboats. Kayak division racers will complete a 2 km paddle extending to near the park dam.
BIKE: The mountain bike segment is the highlight of the race. The most notable feature of the course is the amazing Cliffside trail, climbing high above the expansive valley below. The course will traverse scenic and fun singletrack, including several climbs and descents with elevation changes over 200 vertical feet. The surface is nearly all dirt single-track.
RUN: The run course utilizes most of the park's hiking trails, including #1, #2 and #3. There will be several steep up and downhills, rooty sections, and stairs. It is a very challenging course. An aid station will be located at the transition area and at approximately miles 1 and 3 on the run course (road crossings).
Members who are scheduled to race: