XTERRA Lake Tahoe - Long Course
CUSTOM training plans for this race
- Date: August 19, 2017
950 Lakeshore Boulevard,
Incline Village, Nevada
- Country: United States
- Race type: Triathlon (Olympic)
- Distances: Swim (1500.00 meters) Bike (22.00 miles) Run (10.00 kms)
- Organization: Big Blue Adventure
- Website: http://www.bigblueadventure.com
- Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Description: This is one of the all time classic off-road triathlon courses. Racers start with a 1500 meter swim in famous Lake Tahoe, one of the purest and deepest lakes in North America.
The bike section test racers’ climbing and fitness levels. The bike starts up tunnel creek, a somewhat sandy gradual climb. Racers pop out from tunnel creek onto the area’s epic Flume Trail, which skirts the mountain side overlooking Lake Tahoe. Riders continue on past Marlette Lake and down a rocky and fast Tahoe Rim Trail. The views are breathtaking! Both the Duathlon and the Sprint will complete the 22 mile bike with approximately 4000 feet of climbing. The 10K trail running course that is relatively flat, fast and scenic with tall pines, aspens, and creek crossings.
Members who are scheduled to race: