Parris Island Triathlon
CUSTOM training plans for this race
- Date: March 14, 2015
- Address: Parris Island Combat Training Pool,
Parris Island, South Carolina Get directions
- Country: United States
- Race type: Triathlon (Sprint)
- Distances: Swim (500.00 meters) Bike (10.00 miles) Run (5.00 kms)
- Organization: Set Up Events
- Website: http://www.setupevents.com/?fuseaction=event_detail&eventID=2738
- Contact email:
- Description: Parris Island starts the South Carolina Triathlon Series season in a big way. Triathletes from all over the nation come to test their early season training at the flat and fast closed course.
The swim is held in the Parris Island Military Combat Training pool. In order to keep the marines warm during hours of water training the water temperature is in the mid 80's. Swimmers will begin one at a time every 10 seconds swimming down and back in each lane before changing lanes. A simple rule of thumb here is that all lane changes are made at the same side of the pool where you begin.
The bike course is fast. Depending on the wind you may find a few sections of headwind and a few sections of tail wind. Either way this is a great chance to see just how fast you can go on a bike.
The run course also is flat and fast. A very simple out and back course. All turns are marked on the pavement. The course is mostly closed to traffic.
- Members who are scheduled to race: blakemiddleton