Outer Banks Triathlon - Olympic Course
CUSTOM training plans for this race
- Date: September 16, 2017
410 Airport Road,
Manteo, North Carolina
- Country: United States
- Race type: Triathlon (Olympic)
- Distances: Swim (1500.00 meters) Bike (24.50 miles) Run (10.00 kms)
- Organization: Outer Banks Sporting Events
- Website: http://www.outerbankstriathlon.com/
- Contact email: email@example.com
- Description: The swim portion will start at the Old Swimming Hole location next to the Dare County Airport on Roanoke Island. Swimmers will enjoy panoramic views of the Croatan Sound and the Virginia Dare Memorial Bridge and Manns Harbor Bridge.
The bike will be an out and back course on a smooth flat road outside of Manteo and into Mashoes. (yes Mashoes...). The bike portion features a rolling hill over the Manns Harbor Bridge; a 2.65 mile long bridge over the Croatan sound. There is very little traffic and abundant views of the soundside marsh and wetlands.
The run will be flat out and back through the Airport and around the Manteo area. The Course offers a beautiful tour of the Mother Vineyard neighborhood and the north end of Roanoke Island. This is a predominantly shaded course.
Members who are scheduled to race: