Outer Banks Triathlon - Olympic Course
CUSTOM training plans for this race
- Date: September 13, 2014
- Address: 374 Airport Road,
Manteo, North Carolina Get directions
- Country: United States
- Race type: Triathlon (Olympic)
- Distances: Swim (1500.00 meters) Bike (24.50 miles) Run (10.00 kms)
- Organization: Outer Banks Sporting Events
- Website: http://www.outerbankstriathlon.com/
- Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Description: Start and finish next to Dare County Regional Airport and the North Carolina Aquarium.
The swim portion will start at the Old Swimming Hole location next to the Dare County airport on Roanoke Island. Swimmers will behold panoramic views of the Croatan Sound and the Virginia Dare Memorial Bridge and Manns Harbor Bridge.
The bike will be an out and back on smooth flat road outside of Manteo and into Mashoes. (yes Mashoes:-) ). The bike portion features 1 rolling hillover the Mann's Harbor Bridge; a 2.65 mile long bridge over the Croatan sound. There is very little traffic and abundant views of the soundside marsh and wetlands.
The runs will be flat out and backs through the airport and around the Manteo area. Offering a beauriful foot tour of Mother Vineyard area and the north end of beautiful Roanoke Island. This is a predominantly shaded course.
- Members who are scheduled to race: dizrichard, gpelletiern, kbrennan2, triathlonpal07