Shores-Pointes Adventure Triathlon
CUSTOM training plans for this race
- Date: July 20, 2013
- Address: 24800 E. Jefferson Ave,
St. Clair Shores, Michigan Get directions
- Country: United States
- Race type: Triathlon (Other)
- Distances: Bike (11.00 miles) Run (5.00 kms)
- Organization: Shores-Pointes Adventure Triathlon
- Website: http://www.shorespointestri.com/
- Contact email: email@example.com
- Description: The events include an adventure triathlon with a 2.1 kayak, 11 bike and a 5k run. This race will be available to do as an individual or as a relay team. An individual duathlon will also be available.
The picturesque course begins on Lake St. Clair in Saint Clair Shores. The bike race is flat, fast and takes competitors down Lake Shore Drive. The route includes the beauty of the tree lined street that opens up to riding next to Lake St. Clair. This is the same view that was seen at the end of Clint Eastwood's movie, "Gran Torino" with the Grosse Pointe Yacht Club tower off in the distance. The 5K portion of the race goes through Walby Park and adjacent streets and back. Rules of the road will be followed through Grosse Pointe Shores and Grosse Pointe Farms for the bike race.
- Members who are scheduled to race: