Portofino Sunset Tri Series - Race #7
CUSTOM training plans for this race
- Date: August 14, 2014
- Address: 10 Portofino Drive,
Pensacola Beach, Florida Get directions
- Country: United States
- Race type: Triathlon (Mini Sprint)
- Distances: Swim (300.00 yards) Bike (7.50 miles) Run (1.50 miles)
- Organization: Multisport Performance Institute
- Website: http://www.teammpi.com/events/event/portofino-sunset-tri-series
- Contact email: coaches@teamMPI.com
- Description: This series of triathlon races will take place on eight (8) Thursday Nights at 6:30pm (a few will start at 6:15pm) throughout the spring & summer at beautiful Portofino Island Resort on Pensacola Beach, FL.
These races are "Super Sprint" triathlons, meaning they are shorter than a typical triathlon "Sprint" race. They are also official USA Triathlon Sanctioned Events.
The Portofino Sunset Tri Series is designed for all triathlon abilities - especially brand new athletes! There will be one overall time (no splits) and no official awards. The max participants will be 60 athletes per event. There will be no "age" groups, and the swim start will consist of two wave starts: all males followed by all females three minutes afterwards. Wetsuits will only be permitted if water temp is 78 or colder.
It's a GREAT opportunity to "try" a tri, hone your skills before an upcoming race, or enjoy a fun "race experience" during the week with friends.
- Members who are scheduled to race: