Macon Double Sprint Triathlon
CUSTOM training plans for this race
- Date: August 16, 2014
- Address: ,
Lake Tobesofkee, Georgia Get directions
- Country: United States
- Race type: Triathlon (Other)
- Organization: Set Up Events
- Website: http://www.setupevents.com/?fuseaction=event_detail&eventID=2616
- Contact email:
- Description: The Macon Double Sprint Triathlon will be a race like Georgia has never seen. Do you think you are fast? Well the Macon Double Sprint will test your speed, and then test it again, a race where transition times are more important, and relays have an advantage. Come out to experience the Macon Double Sprint Triathlon. The race format is as follows:
The swim portion will be a 350 meter lake swim. Participants will swim out 50 meters, then turn parallel to the shore and swim 250 meters prior to swimming back into shore. Participants will then run up the beach where there will be water to rinse your feet off. The run to transition is only 50 meters, but make sure you don't get on your bike yet!!
The 1.5 mile run course will be an out and back along a hard packed trail in the Sandy Beach Start Park. Participants will find aid stations at miles .25, .75 and 1.25. The course is fairly flat and very fast. Once returning to the transition area athletes will gear up for the bike portion of the event
The 13 mile bike is a rolling loop around the southern half of Lake Tobesofkee. There is one main hill which is halfway through the ride. Upon returning to the transition area athletes will again don their running gear.
The 1.5 mile run course will be the same out and back along the hard packed trail in the Sandy Beach Start Park. Participants will again find aid stations at miles .25, .75 and 1.25. The course is fairly flat and very fast. Once returning to the transition area athletes will remove their shoes and grab their swim cap and goggles to head out for another SWIM!!!
The second swim portion is the final test of the Macon Double Sprint Triathlon. It is the same 350 meter lake swim as swum at the start of the race. Participants will swim out 50 meters, then turn parallel to the shore and swim 250 meters prior to swimming back into shore. Participants will then run up the beach to the finish line!!
Athletes can expect their finish times to be just slightly slower than a normal sprint triathlon. A great race to test your brick workouts and hone your transition skills!!
- Members who are scheduled to race: kbizz03, phatknot