SHAC Triathlon - Beginner Course
CUSTOM training plans for this race
- Date: April 05, 2014
- Address: 1144 N. Lava Flow Dr.,
St. George, Utah Get directions
- Country: United States
- Race type: Triathlon (Mini Sprint)
- Distances: Swim (200.00 yards) Bike (5.00 miles) Run (1.50 miles)
- Organization: City of St. George
- Website: http://www.sgcity.org/running/shactri.php
- Contact email:
- Description: The swim will be in the SHAC indoor pool. The swim will take place in heats of approximately 20 racers. There will be two people in each full sized lane. The Sprint Distance will start first at 7:00 am, followed by the beginner distance at 10am, and the kids distance at noon. The pool temperature will be between 81 - 84 degrees.
Bike Course: The bike course is an out and back loop course. From the pool you will turn right on Lava Flow Drive, left on 2000 North, and turn around at N Red Mountain Rd. The course is a 5 mile loop. One lap for beginner; two laps for sprint. The course is fairly flat with a couple hills. There will be officers holding up traffic at the main intersections, but it is an open road race so be aware of traffic. Helmets are required for participants. If you don't have a helmet you won't be allowed to race.
Run Course: The running course is an out and back 1 and 1/2 mile loop. It will follow the bike path North of the pool and East of Lava Flow Drive. One lap for the beginner distance; two laps for the sprint distance. There will be aid stations at the transition area and the run turn around.
- Members who are scheduled to race: