General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Chastain Park triPATHlon : Official Thread Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2014-04-15 10:05 AM

User image

New user
Subject: Chastain Park triPATHlon : Official Thread
Race was well organized, and from what little experience I have they did great job with creating nice atmosphere for sprint. Finish was nice touch, as was pictures on website from photographer.

As far as course it was little tougher than I expected even after reading some of the previous ratings and discussion.

Pool swims are tough regardless. Why don't some athletes have a clue what their swim time is and get in right spot, I don't understand. Also the lanes got really crowed at the end, so you were pretty much locked into your postion, I would have had to pass four consecutive people swimming hand to foot in order to increase my pace on swim. It would have took too much energy, so I just paddled along behind them. Water was fairly warm despite cool temperatures outside.

Hills were tough for sprint, and the worst part was the roughness of road, speed bumps, and that on some hills you had to come to complete stop, turn at 90 degree onto street THEN conquer the hill. For a big guy like myself not to be able to use the momentum of coming down previous hill to my full advantage was tough. I saw two people walking their bike up hill. Hadn't expected to see that. I will say it was pretty ride through the multimillion dollar neighborhoods of Buckhead, and there were even a few of the residents sitting in front yard cheering us on.

Run was a little tough too, again pretty hilly, not much flat land to cruise on, going downhill in spots were harder on me than uphills were.

Police were at intersections clearing traffic for us, which was awesome!

Volunteers were awesome too. Each participant got a nice t-shirt, and medal.

Results were posted by the time I got back to Kentucky.

All in all a good experience, and I enjoyed the race, just wish it was little flatter.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Chastain Park triPATHlon : Official Thread Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

triPATHlon Chastain

Started by Cb00047
Views: 930 Posts: 4

2013-04-15 12:15 PM jamgam

Tri the Parks - John Tanner State Park : Official Thread Pages: 1 2 3

Started by phatknot
Views: 7205 Posts: 58

2011-05-03 10:17 AM es185071

Tri the Parks - Richard B. Russell State Park : Official Thread

Started by phatknot
Views: 2607 Posts: 20

2010-08-12 5:42 PM phatknot

Tri-the-Parks: Mistletoe St. Park : Official Thread

Started by phatknot
Views: 3333 Posts: 18

2010-07-25 3:26 PM wkparker

Tri the Parks - Richard B. Russell State Park : Official Thread

Started by r28723
Views: 3122 Posts: 16

2009-08-15 3:47 PM AtlantaBill
RELATED ARTICLES
date : February 22, 2011
author : shaunjamison
comments : 1
Ups and downs race report from the Lakes to Pines Sprint Triathlon by a master's aged newbie.

date : March 17, 2008
author : Yosel20
At first I thought, "Oh boy, what a mistake!" Let’s face it, I could barely run half a mile, I had not swum in forever, and my biking skills were not great, to say the least.
date : June 4, 2006
author : Rich Strauss
comments : 2
I was not an official; I simply observed the race and the officials doing their thing. Here is what I saw:

date : October 17, 2004
author : jhealy422
comments : 0
My sister warned me about being used as a launch ramp by faster swimmers but much to my surprise I was the one swimming over those in front of me. I went around one woman, then another.
date : September 2, 2004
author : Michael
Are you only focusing on racing and training this season?  Volunteeri to help at a triathlon!