General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Group Ride in October - Harford County Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2008-03-14 1:38 AM

User image

Expert
MD
Subject: Group Ride in October - Harford County
Hey folks,

I'm currently helping to organize an event that will include a group ride, a 5K, and a 2 mile walk. This will be the third annual TeamHope, MD event to raise money for PanCan (Pancreatic Cancer Action Network). We've raised 100K in the past 2 years and are looking to expand the event with a new bike ride offering.

The date of the event will be the 1st or 2nd Sunday in October, 2008 (10/5 or 10/12).

I don't know how many of the MD group in BT would be local to Harford County - but this could be a fun way to meet some fellow BT'rs, get in a great ride on a fall day, and perhaps raise some $ for a good cause.

The start/finish would be Jones Junction in Bel Air (1510 Bel Air Rd, Bel Air, Maryland 21014). We're going to plan an early morning start - most likely 7:00 am but we're waiting on word from the State Police since they are providing traffic control support.

If any of you are local to the area (Fallston/Bel Air/Jarretsville/Forest Hill) and would be able to provide some help mapping out the bike route(s) I'd appreciate the help!! Especially if you are familiar with the roads from the point of view of a road biker.

We are still early in the planning stages, but I'd love to hear if there are people interested out there and even better, if there are people willing to share ideas during the planning process.

Thanks and hope to hear from you!

Eric

2008-03-20 8:39 PM
in reply to: #1271398

User image

Expert
Glen Burnie, Maryland
Subject: RE: Group Ride in October - Harford County
I'm in Glen Burnie but have family in Bel Air and Jarrettsville. I would love to participate.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Group Ride in October - Harford County Rss Feed