General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » hello from an overweight beer swilling english guy!! Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2004-12-13 5:41 PM

New user

Croydon, South London
Subject: hello from an overweight beer swilling english guy!!
Hello All, Well i think the subject title covers things nicely!!
Fairly new to this as i've never done a triathlon before. I did train for a charity (sprint) tri in summer 2003 and lost 25 pounds in 6 weeks but sadly i never got to do it cos i had to work the weekend....was not happy! Now a new job in the middle of the countryside meant i had to leave my gym and more unsociable working hours have meant i've ballooned up to 225 pound hence the reason for getting back into this.
I come from a cycling (road racing) background so i'm perfectly comfortable on the bike but like most people, i don't float too well in the water, even with this layer of fat!

stay tuned of my monumental battle to get super fit and enjoy my new hobby!!

2004-12-13 6:14 PM
in reply to: #92102

User image

Elite
Texas
Subject: RE: hello from an overweight beer swilling english guy!!
Welcome Mike. Don't worry about the weight so much. It will come off. I recently picked up a copy of "Sports Nutrition for Endurance Athletes". There's a good chapter on weight loss, and lot's of information specifically about eating for triathlon training and racing. As for the swim, I routinely sank like a stone up until recently when I began the Total Immersion swim training. I highly recommend that program, especially if you are just starting out with swimming. There. That's everything I know, as a fellow newbie! Good luck with your training.
2004-12-13 6:28 PM

User image

Pro
Broomfield, Colorado
Welcome and good luck training - that's quite a huge bummer about your previous race! After all that training!
2004-12-13 7:29 PM
in reply to: #92114

New user

Croydon, South London
it was terrible to miss out on the race, but at least it will help my motivation knowing that i've done the training once, so i am capable of doing it again which was a major hurdle the first time around.
2004-12-15 9:15 PM

Hello from an overweight beer swilling American guy with English roots!! The only advice that I have - if you're counting calories Guinness only has 125 per pint!! WooHoo, drink up!
2004-12-20 1:18 PM

User image

Veteran
Illinois
Welcome to the site..... the good news is that with more exercise, you'll be a cheaper drunk. That's good motivation, ain't it.... and a good guiness after a long ride has enough substance to get the body fueled up.

That's what I hear anyways...lol

Seriously, welcome to the site.... I hope you keep us posted with your progress.

-Milly :0)

New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » hello from an overweight beer swilling english guy!! Rss Feed