General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Hip/Leg heat and numbness Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2008-04-21 9:17 AM

User image

Elite
Hurst, Texas
Subject: Hip/Leg heat and numbness
Sometimes when I am sitting on the couch, or laying in bed, my left leg from the hip all the way down to my foot, on the outside edge along the IT band, starts to feel burning hot (like the sensation when you put Icy Hot on) and then goes completely numb.  If I change positions, it goes away.   Any thoughts on what the culprit could be?

2014-09-16 4:27 AM
in reply to: OldAg92

Subject: RE: Hip/Leg heat and numbness
1. A bulging disc in the lumbar part of the spine
2. Sitting/sleeping position that presses upon a nerve or blood vessel in the leg (like your lower leg becomes "dead" when you cross the legs during sitting).
3. Combination of both.
4. One of the muscles in the buttocks pressing on the sciatic nerve, for example piriformis syndrome...
2014-09-21 4:20 AM
in reply to: bartol

Massachusetts
Subject: RE: Hip/Leg heat and numbness
I had the same issue, turned out to be what bartol pointed out, bulging disc. I ignored it for a long time then one morning I woke up crying I was in so much pain because the disc finally herniated , oh on Christmas eve I might add. I ended up getting two epidural cortisone shots over six weeks.

Dr said a bulging disc is like a bubble on the side of a tire, you never know when it will let go. Mine tire blew on Christmas eve.

good luck
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Hip/Leg heat and numbness Rss Feed