General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Specialized bike fit-2d vs 3d Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2008-05-21 12:47 PM

User image

Subject: Specialized bike fit-2d vs 3d
I just put together a new road bike and am going to schedule a bike fit at the lbs. The fit system they use is the specialized body geometry system. Has anyone ever used this system before? The 2d fit is $75 where the 3d fit is $150. I'm a new graduate so I dont have a ton of extra money and was thinking the 2d should be sufficient. Is there really a major upgrade between the two levels, and if so, is it worth eating peanut butter and jelly for a month to justify the difference?

Thanks for any input!!!

2008-05-21 5:23 PM
in reply to: #1416469

User image

Master
Lafayette, IN
Subject: RE: Specialized bike fit-2d vs 3d
I am not sure what the difference is but I got fitted by a Specialized "fit expert". He worked with my cleat placement, seat up/down and forward/back, handlebar stem up/down and lenght as well as angle. He had me on the trainer doing a lot of pedaling and checking my form, my pedal stroke, checked my flexibility, asked a lot of questions about core strenght, type of riding, physical issues, pains, etc.

Then after about 6 weeks or so, I went back and he tweaked it a bit. He noticed that on my left side my pedal stroke had my knee not lining up as well as he liked, so he added a shim in my shoe to correct that and moved the seat slightly.

I paid arounf $100 for this and it is well worth it. I am comfortable on the bike!

I would ask what the difference is. Good fit is worth a lot! Good luck.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Specialized bike fit-2d vs 3d Rss Feed