General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Planning a Week with the Triathletes Training Bible Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2004-02-18 11:41 PM

Kansas
Subject: Planning a Week with the Triathletes Training Bible
I just picked up the Training Bible and have setup Base and Build weeks so that I'll peak at the time of the race. My question is related to the example training weeks from chapter 8. In the examples is shows 1 to 4 different workouts. Base 1 for Monday shows E1, E2, S1, S2. Are you supposed to do all four or the ones that relate to your weaknesses?

Thanks!

2004-02-18 11:53 PM
in reply to: #8172

Extreme Veteran
PohangSi
Subject: RE: Planning a Week with the Triathletes Training Bible

I don't think so. Those notations go in the "Workout Options" area, so I think you assign those to give you workouts to choose from on that day that meet the duration and intensity assigned. Then when that day comes around you choose which type of workout you want to do. For example: E1, E2, S1, S2 for swim, you could choose a recovery workout, extensive endurance, drill set or fin set depending on how you feel that day or what ever strikes your fancy. It's not really clear about this in the book, but it doesn't make any sense to do all of these in one workout. I notice that in some of the examples there are over 10 possible workouts to choose from. No way. You just choose one from the options assigned.

JD

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Planning a Week with the Triathletes Training Bible Rss Feed