General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Newbie Questions - IMCDA Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2008-06-15 9:41 PM

User image

New user

Seattle
Subject: Newbie Questions - IMCDA

Can an IM veteran answer a couple Q's for me?

According to the schedule, athletes check their bikes and bags on Saturday.  Will we have access to our transition and special needs bags on Sunday before the start of the race?  Access to our bikes?

Are the bikes covered or should I plan on having something to cover my bike in case it's raining? 

On the bike, should I plan on losing the water bottles that I start with?  It sounds like water and Gatorade is provided in bottles; do you just toss your other bottles on the side of the road? 

Thanks in advance. 

2008-06-15 9:57 PM
in reply to: #1468116

User image

Expert
Coeur D'alene, ID
Subject: RE: Newbie Questions - IMCDA

Can an IM veteran answer a couple Q's for me?

According to the schedule, athletes check their bikes and bags on Saturday.  Will we have access to our transition and special needs bags on Sunday before the start of the race?  Access to our bikes?

Yes

Are the bikes covered or should I plan on having something to cover my bike in case it's raining? 

Not covered.

On the bike, should I plan on losing the water bottles that I start with?  It sounds like water and Gatorade is provided in bottles; do you just toss your other bottles on the side of the road? 

That's what I do.  You can just substitute new bottles for old at every aid station.

Safe travels getting here and have a great race! 

Edited by Flyboy 2008-06-15 9:58 PM
2008-06-16 7:28 AM
in reply to: #1468116

User image

Champion
Bellingham, Washington

You could take a small towel or rag along with you on Sunday morn to wipe down the bike if it's wet.

You'll see signs on the bike course where to dump empty bottles.

2008-06-16 7:42 AM
in reply to: #1468363

User image

Champion
BellinghamSpence - 2008-06-16 8:28 AM

You could take a small towel or rag along with you on Sunday morn to wipe down the bike if it's wet.

You'll see signs on the bike course where to dump empty bottles.

At IMWI, they put up hockey goals so that you can make a game of getting rid of your old bottles.  Kids with hockey sticks were directing the errant bottles into the net. 

If you're tall and use a saddle-mounted water bottle holder, like an X-lab, youlre better off hanging your bike with the rear of the saddle over the bar.  Most people rack their bike by rolling the seat under the bar and hanging it by the nose.

After you put the bottles in the holders on race day, you'll have to tip the bike way over to the side to get the bottles to clear under the bar. 

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Newbie Questions - IMCDA Rss Feed