General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Greetings from Norway Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2005-01-23 5:22 AM

Subject: Greetings from Norway
After running around all the time, I thought why the heck not. So I signed on the dotted line.

Haven't competed any yet but am really looking forward to it. Gotta say I am jealous of the you guys (and girls) living in a snowless environment. I love the snow, but I need to get out on my new bike.....its reallllly shiny.

2005-01-23 9:56 AM
in reply to: #107263

User image

Expert
North Central WV
Subject: RE: Greetings from Norway
Welcome to BT. Many of us in North America get pretty harsh winters so we do understand the burning desire to get some bike miles in over winter. I bought a trainer a few weeks ago and it is the best money I think I have ever spent. While it isn't the same as being on the road, at least it is keeping my butt "bike tolerant" and I am keeping somewhat fit.

I too went from running to tri. I found that I enjoy the sprint tris more than the 5 km running races. Good luck. When is your first race?

Malgal
2005-01-23 10:44 AM

Because of the long winters over here, tri's don't start until late may-june. They do have Duathlons and wintertri's, but I live in the south-west where there usually isn't to much snow.

My main goal is the Norseman Triathlon. (www.nxtri.com ) I believe the site is currently down due to remodeling. Although I doubt that I will be entering the Norseman this year, but if all goes according to plan I'll enter next year. And there are also a couple of marathons coming up soon. Until then I'm on the spinning bikes at the gym till I can buy a "trainer" (the thing to place my shiny new bike on so I can use it indoors). Being a student doesn't mean you get to have everything at once. Hitting the pool as often as I can, and run aslong as there is no ice.
2005-01-24 1:12 AM

User image

Veteran
Illinois
Welcome, congratulations... and have you thought about either rollers or a trainer for your new shiny bike?
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Greetings from Norway Rss Feed