General Discussion Triathlon Talk » whats your all out 50 meter swim time? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 3

2017-09-29 11:09 AM
in reply to: Oysterboy

User image

Subject: RE: whats your all out 50 meter swim time?
Fastest 50(yds) - 22.1 fastest 100(yds) high 48-49 range. Haven't timed myself in a bit. While back I was tying to get back to sub 1min during workouts.

2017-09-29 5:29 PM
in reply to: Goggles Pizzano

User image

Franklin, TN

Probably meant 60 seconds ... which would make more sense given the 50 goal time.

2017-09-29 6:30 PM
in reply to: JoelO

User image

Master
Eugene, Oregon
Bronze member
About 40 seconds (for SC meters). 100m in 1:23 to 1:25. I can do 43's for a long time on 1:00 though. Back in the day (as a 15-16 year-old), I think I swam about 32 seconds for 50m. Much better at distance. I am not and have never been a sprinter, in any sport. Convinced I was born with no fast-twitch fibers.
2017-10-01 11:49 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Veteran
Great White North
24.10 SCM and my 10 year old went 37.5 last year.

50 Free was and will never be my event I did that time leading off a relay.

As a 40 year old my 1500 times are 16:58.90 SCM and 17:32.00 LCM ...

So 33.99 /50 or 35.01 / 50

Edited by simpsonbo 2017-10-01 11:57 AM
2017-10-05 3:17 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

32 seconds four years ago at a master's swim meet (my first and last!). Came in 4th for my AG (45-49, not very good competition, I know). But then I caught the triathlon bug and stopped that short distance stuff. I'm sure I could improve on that record, but who has the time?! I did enjoy it. The adrenaline. The training. The feeling of going all out and being just totally spent at the end of a measly 30 seconds.

Edited by Trilogy 2017-10-05 3:18 AM
2018-01-08 10:44 PM
in reply to: #1620449

I am in 7th grade and I am 13 years old it is my first year swimming.My 50 meter (short course) freestyle time is 32.47

2018-01-09 8:51 AM
in reply to: Random dude

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maryland

50 yrd pr (dont swim meters) is a 27 push

2018-01-09 11:20 AM
in reply to: dmiller5

Seriously, I just wanna add my 2 cents to this thread for a SERIOUS REALITY CHECK.

I usually beat 90% of triathletes out of the water in big races, which means I'm a decent swimmer (this is NOT a humblebrag - nearly any HS competitive swimmer would squash me, given they would beat well over 95%+ over triathlon swimmers in races.)

My 50m time is probably 36-37. And I think that's pretty decent for triathletes, at least to what I'm seeing at races, even if it's nowhere near fast compared to 'real' swim speedsters. 

But from reading this thread, you'd think the average BT swimmer goes sub 35 for 50m all the time, which definitely is NOT the case. I'd actually be surprised if even a quarter of BTers could go sub40 for a 50m right now. 

2018-01-09 11:24 AM
in reply to: yazmaster

User image

Pro

Originally posted by yazmaster

Seriously, I just wanna add my 2 cents to this thread for a SERIOUS REALITY CHECK.

I usually beat 90% of triathletes out of the water in big races, which means I'm a decent swimmer (this is NOT a humblebrag - nearly any HS competitive swimmer would squash me, given they would beat well over 95%+ over triathlon swimmers in races.)

My 50m time is probably 36-37. And I think that's pretty decent for triathletes, at least to what I'm seeing at races, even if it's nowhere near fast compared to 'real' swim speedsters. 

But from reading this thread, you'd think the average BT swimmer goes sub 35 for 50m all the time, which definitely is NOT the case. I'd actually be surprised if even a quarter of BTers could go sub40 for a 50m right now. 

Truth ^

2018-01-09 11:51 AM
in reply to: Left Brain

User image

Official BT Coach
Indianapolis, Indiana
Gold member

Originally posted by Left Brain

Truth ^

And in the real world, what the heck does an all-out 50m time have to do with a triathlon swim split?  My best 50m time (from decades ago) is likely faster then the VAST majority of those here on BT, yet it means absolutely NOTHING when I am at the start of a 2.4 mile IM swim.

If you want to get the brag in, what's your threshold pace?  Now we're talking about something that matters.

2018-01-09 1:01 PM
in reply to: skipg

User image

Master
Overland Park, KS
The last time I swam a meet in LCM I swam the 100 in 1:23.16 and my 50m split time was 41.58.

I am in no way a sprinter. Our masters coach tells me I only have one speed, LOL

2018-01-09 1:25 PM
in reply to: k9car363

User image

Originally posted by k9car363

Truth ^

And in the real world, what the heck does an all-out 50m time have to do with a triathlon swim split?  My best 50m time (from decades ago) is likely faster then the VAST majority of those here on BT, yet it means absolutely NOTHING when I am at the start of a 2.4 mile IM swim.

If you want to get the brag in, what's your threshold pace?  Now we're talking about something that matters.

Did any one of you three read the OP ? Nothing to do wth triathlon swim. It was something the OP threw out for fun after watching the olympics.
2018-01-09 1:37 PM

User image

Official BT Coach
Indianapolis, Indiana
Gold member

Originally posted by Goggles Pizzano

Truth ^

Did any one of you three read the OP ? Nothing to do wth triathlon swim. It was something the OP threw out for fun after watching the olympics.

Well, the OP was nearly 10-years ago so I figured that pretty well negates the original question in the context of a triathlon site.  

2018-01-09 1:49 PM

User image

Truth ^

Well, the OP was nearly 10-years ago so I figured that pretty well negates the original question in the context of a triathlon site.  

Good point! I stand corrected. Carry on
2018-01-09 2:00 PM

User image

Pro

Truth ^

LOL - triathletes were a lot better swimmers 10 years ago.

2018-01-09 2:03 PM
in reply to: Left Brain

User image

Official BT Coach
Indianapolis, Indiana
Gold member

Truth ^

LB,

No they weren't.  Just nobody talked about how bad they were until you came along saying triathlon swimming isn't special swimming!  

2018-01-09 2:06 PM

User image

Truth ^

LB,

No they weren't.  Just nobody talked about how bad they were until you came along saying triathlon swimming isn't special swimming!  

I bet they all could do flip turns back then !!!!!
2018-01-09 2:28 PM

User image

Official BT Coach
Indianapolis, Indiana
Gold member

Truth ^

LB,

I bet they all could do flip turns back then !!!!!

LOL, that's just wrong invoking "Flip-turns" so early in the new year!

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » whats your all out 50 meter swim time? Rss Feed  

of 3