Moderators: Silver_wlf, alicefoeller Reply
2008-08-27 5:51 PM

Subject: Guelph Lake II?
So who is racing this weekend?

2008-08-27 7:52 PM
in reply to: #1633136

Regular
Subject: RE: Guelph Lake II?
I am doing the sprint along with a few friends. Rode the bike course tonight....good ride....alittle bumpy in spots....a few hills.......had quite a bit of wind on the way back. Hwy 29 was quite busy at the time we went. Good luck Saturday!
2008-08-29 4:33 PM

Master
Kitchener
I'm doing the try-a-tri at 1:00 p.m. Have been doing sprints but am coming back from a serious ankle injury in June. Am testing out my running with a couple of short races before doing Lakeside and Wasaga.

Have you raced Guelph before?

Am interested to see how they will set up transition in the camper's beach area. I will be there early if you are around since my husband is doing the sprint at 9:00 a.m.

Hope you have a great race.

2008-08-29 5:32 PM
in reply to: #1638648

Regular
Have a great wonderful race too!
2008-08-30 6:42 PM

User image

New user

I was watching the race this morning and know a male racer went into seizure almost at the finsih line. I know paramedics were doing lots of work on him until the ambulance came. Has anyone heard how he's doing?
2008-08-31 10:10 AM
in reply to: #1639755

Master
Kitchener
I was racing yesterday in the afternoon and my husband went through the finish line seconds before Robb Piper went through. It was very emotional, and scary seeing that happen to someone. Below is a message that was written on the Guelph Triathlon Club messgae board this morning.

"Thanks to the GLT volunteers at GL2 today. You did an awesome job. Fellow Guelph triathlete Robb Piper is doing well at Guelph General Hospital. Sincere thanks to the medics and others on site who saved Robb's live. Rob went down at 2:08 on the clock and came back at 2:40 on the clock. Robb and I had a great chat in the hospital today. I have known Robb and his family for many years. Great folk they are. He PR'd his swim and was 10 metres short of a sprint PR finish. FYI, what you might not know about the good folk at Trisport Canada > "It was an incredible day! I concluded that it was NOT his time to go! Plain and simple. All the stars seemed to line up for him today and even the paramedic who was doing compressions to the ER doc say that it was amazing that we brought him back. We had all the emergency drugs on hand, the defibrillators etc. It was absolutely amazing. The ER doc says that was the "best" code she has ever run and everything worked to perfection which is not always the case when no one really works together on a day to day basis and you are working "in the field". They are ecstatic. I couldn't be happier for him. Thrilled to say the least." Well said. Look after your health folk while living life. Cheers, Scott "

Did you race yesterday? It was a beautiful day for a race.

2008-08-31 1:35 PM
in reply to: #1640203

User image

New user

That is fantastic news! It was quite scary. I'm glad everything worked out. Great work by the people that helped.

I didn't race yesterday, I was watching my brother-in-law.

Just getting over an injury and hope to be ready for the spring race.

Hope you had a good day of racing.

2008-08-31 5:44 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Niagara Falls, Ont

thanks for posting the update about rob, that was a bit scary and puts things into perspective a bit.

i'm glad that it sounds there is a favourable prognosis. kudos to all involved!!

2008-08-31 7:40 PM

Regular
So glad to hear good news about the collapsed triathlete. I had already gone across the finish line and was feet away from it all happening. It was very scary and definitely put things in perspective. I feel so much better to hear that he is recovering well. Thanks for the update latestarter!! Although the atmosphere was different while all this was going on, the race itself went well for me. Great weather too! Congrats to all who raced.

New Thread
Canadian Triathlon Forum Ontario » Guelph Lake II? Rss Feed