United States
42F / 6C
Sunny
Total Time = 1h 05m 29s
Overall Rank = 63/1130
Age Group = 30-34
Age Group Rank = 10/
Pre-race routine:

Woke up at 0400 and ate a english muffin with peanut butter, oatmeal and a cup of coffee. Drank a bottle of nuun driving to the race site.
Event warmup:

Got downtown and parked walked over to the race site and then began a 10 min light jog just to get the legs warmed up. It was pretty chilly this morning. At around 0650 made my way to the starting chute and found a pretty good spot near just a few rows back from the start line.
Run
  • 1h 05m 29s
  • 10 miles
  • 06m 33s  min/mile
Comments:

Yesterday I stopped by hill country running and they told me to watch out for the hills on this course, so I drove it yesterday, and I am glad that I did. This helped my strategy and I went out pretty conservative. My goals for this race was to hold 6:45 pace and either even or neg split the race. The first 5 miles went by in a breeze and I felt pretty good, never really got out of control and just chugged up the hills not wanting to get the HR too high. At mile 5 I was 33:50, thanks to my route recon yesterday I knew that there were still accoouple more pretty steep hils so I continued to run fairly conservative. Once I made it back out onto lake autin I knew the rest of the course was pretty flat so I picked up my pace. I was running with I group that I had been with since around mile 3.5. The last aprt down ceaser chavez went well and I felt like I started to face a little right at the end. Crossed the line and was pleased with my time. The second half was 31:39. Overall I beat my goal pace and neg splitted the race pretty well.
What would you do differently?:

Nothing I ran this race like I wanted.
Post race
Warm down:

Walked around and stretched. Ate a banana and waited for th e rsults to be posted.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Nothing I was happy with my effort today.

Event comments:

This was a fun race, it is race 2 in the distance challenge and I really enjoyed the course. It was challenging yet not too hard. The best part is that it benefits a great cause, getting water to the people in Burundi!

Last updated: 2008-10-12 12:00 AM
Running
01:05:29 | 10 miles | 06m 33s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/1130
Performance: Good
Course: 1 loop course starting in downtown Austin and the working its way along the east part of town lake. This course had some pretty good hills between miles 3 and 7
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 4
Physical exertion [1-5] 5
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes