BT Development Mentor Program Archives » stevebradley's Mentor Group FULL Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 264

2013-01-21 10:34 AM
in reply to: #1896958

User image

Extreme Veteran
Subject: RE: stevebradley's Mentor Group FULL

Just so happens I renewed my USAT membership and signed up for REV3 Venice, FL.

http://rev3tri.com/florida/races-fl/halfrev/

In 2012, I quit my job to go back to running my own business, and I want to make 2013 the year I return to a life of excellence. Going to try and find a spring marathon, and I also signed up for the Spartan Race in Miami (Feb 24).

Glad to be back!

P.S. I'm on FB here. Already connected to Lisa, and we occasionally have some fun banter about politics and dogs

https://www.facebook.com/nathanhangen

Edited by nhangen 2013-01-21 10:38 AM

2013-01-21 10:37 AM
in reply to: #4580127

User image

Extreme Veteran
stevebradley - 2013-01-15 7:00 PM

I am just very tired and unmotivated, and dearly need a big chunk of time off -- I think.  There are also a few things we want to do this year, and money might best be spent on those -- I think.  

That's exactly where I was. Unfortunately, I slipped further into 65 hour work weeks and laziness, finally snapping out late last year to start running/hitting the gym again.

I should have kept racing, like you suggest.

2013-01-26 6:04 PM
in reply to: #1896958

User image

Extreme Veteran

Has anyone heard about or participated in any of the Spartan Races?

Was looking at this http://youmaydie.comand thought it might be a fun challenge, but it's expensive and I don't want to trash myself in a race without cause.

I'll probably know more after my February Super Spartan attempt, but something about a 48 hour 55mile race intrigues me.

2013-01-28 2:09 PM
in reply to: #4587810

User image

Champion

NATHAN!!!!

Great to hear from you, and wonderful to know that all this silliness which we are about here at BT is still part of your life!  (Worst syntaxed sentence i have produced in quite some time!)

Nicely done committing to USAT, and furthering the commitemnt by signing up for Venice.  Will that be an oly?

I don't know much about the Spartan races -- other than they ar3e beyond my abilities to both train for and subsequently endure.  I've enver doen anything "off the beaten track", and even triathlons with a modest trailish componenet to the run (i.e., Giant Acorn) give me the heebie-jeebies.  Lisa has ventured further afield at times, however, and when I last saw her in early oct she was mulling around the idea of doing Xterra races this coming season.  Brave woman!!!

So, you "banter" about politics, eh?  Lest i be mistaken, Lisa is about as far to the left as I am, so, um, does that mean you're a tad to the right?  (The horror!Wink)

I've gotta give up the machine to Lynn; later!

2013-02-12 8:40 AM
in reply to: #4598188

User image

Extreme Veteran

I think about this place quite often, but got tired of talking about doing something eventually and wanted to come back when I actually had something worth saying. Finally there!

November is a half, which will be interesting considering I haven't been on the bike since Augusta, but I'm going to try and find an oly before then, which I'm sure will be easy. Planning to sign up for a few half marys and even a full in time. Running around 6 miles to the beach and back now.

The Spartan Race reminds me of some of the things we suffered through in the Army, so I'm looking forward to the trip down memory lane!

I did see that Lisa just picked up a jogging stroller, looks like she's preparing for something.

As for politics, let's just say that I'm a less is more type of guy

Gotta say though, that moving to Florida is the best thing I've ever done. It's been sunny and 70-80 here every day for the past few weeks. Unreal.

2013-11-04 2:10 PM
in reply to: nhangen

User image

Extreme Veteran
Well, guess I'll bring this thread back to life with an update.

Totally forget I registered for REV3 Florida, but I'm doing it anyway.

I've been running 15-20 miles per week and hitting the gym 4 days/week, but haven't really touched a bike or done any regimented swimming since my last race, so this should be fun. As long as they don't kick me off, I plan on finishing

Really hoping I find my form on the swim before I drown, and that I learn some patience on the bike.

Wish me luck.

2013-11-11 9:26 AM
in reply to: nhangen

User image

Extreme Veteran
I know this thread is probably dead, but I'll share my report just in case.

Finished at 7:11:45

47 or so on the swim
3:36 or so on the bike
2:36 or so on the run

For once, I didn't bonk on the run...perhaps because I better managed my nutrition, but I did run into some issues with cramps and muscle spasms. Still, felt pretty good for not having spent more than an hour or two swimming and biking.

I think I got the bug again. Already looking for new races to register for.
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » stevebradley's Mentor Group FULL Rss Feed  

of 264