General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » 15 year old guy, Wanting to become a triathlete Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2003-08-18 6:40 PM

Davisburg, MI
Subject: 15 year old guy, Wanting to become a triathlete
Hey everyone! I am a 15 year old high school student from Michigan, who wants to become a triathlete. I am very serious about this after thinking a lot, but I am not sure how to get started for training and such. I am a football player, and I run track, so I am in shape, and I also lift weights. I am 130 lbs and about 5'6". If anyone can respond to me and can help me out I would appreciate it.

2003-08-19 11:21 AM
in reply to: #493

User image

Central Louisiana
Subject: RE: 15 year old guy, Wanting to become a triathlete
If you have a local tri club in town, I would join it. They usually have a student membership that is much cheaper than the regular ann. dues. Usually in the club you will find someone who is willing to mentor you and give you some guidance. If that is not an option, I would get one of Ron's Beginner Programs and adapt it around your football and track schedule.

Still Tri'n
Michael
2003-08-19 4:28 PM
in reply to: #493

User image

Champion
Subject: i see an olympic in your future.

i'm not sure if your do any distance work in track but i would think an olympic distance is definitely doable...~1mile swim, 25mile bike and 6mile run.  just double the sprint distance on the site.  just be careful if it's football season and your doing squats...they will interfere a little with biking and running.  i am usually sore for 2-3 days after a good squat routine...TONE IT DOWN WHEN TRI TRAINING!

we'll be here.

New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » 15 year old guy, Wanting to become a triathlete Rss Feed