General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Swimming Facilites in Jacksonville Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2009-05-05 1:44 PM

User image

Subject: Swimming Facilites in Jacksonville
I have been swimming in the pool at the Baymeadows Gold's Gym.  Well, they moved locations and the new place doesn't have a pool.

I have been to the Cecil Field Aquatics Center and I love it, but it is really a long drive for me and not an option most days because of work and childcare.

I am new to doing a triathlon.  I am actually doing my first one this weekend at Disney.  Well not actually doing it.  I am the swimmer of a 3 person relay team.  I hope to be able to do the entire thing sometime in the future.

I live on the Southside.  I am sure there are pools around me, but I don't know where.  Any help on finding a new pool would be greatly appreciated.

Jen

2009-05-06 6:47 PM
in reply to: #2131843

User image

Veteran
Subject: RE: Swimming Facilites in Jacksonville

brooks ymca at gate parkway- sounds like thats near you and they have a great master's team with lots of triathletes W,F morning and M nights
there's also good pools at the bolles high school (has master's programs), ponte vedra ymca and UNF...
I'm in saint augustine and I drive up to the brooks y to swim as I love the people and its semi convenient to get to work from there
good luck and pm me if you have any other questions! 

2009-05-14 1:32 PM

User image

Ponte Vedra, Florida

If you belong to the Y then Brooke's is good but the water is shallow.  It is indoors but I was once asked to leave because of thunder.  Ponte Vedra is good, it's outside and has a schedule that cannot be memorized.  They have swim teams but you can always find a lane.  On a sunny spring day when you need to be outside, it's the best.  The UNF pool is good, it is inside.  It is $5 to swim.  Check thier schedule too.  It is big and deep and sometimes when school is out they set-up 50 meter lanes.

The St. Augustine Y has a pool, unheated and seasonal, and the City has a pool.  I forget the name but its down Riberia towards Lincolnville, Willy Gilmore pool maybe?

Go here: http://www.swimmersguide.com/ to find a poll anywhere.  The Y in Orlando is great and so is the Swimmer's Hall of Fame pool in Ft. Lauderdale.

Edited by mikeyeager 2009-05-14 1:37 PM
2009-05-14 6:51 PM

User image

Veteran
gallimore is down permanently.  they just opened a new 12 lane indoor new pool behind osceola elementary.  masters is MWF at 6 am.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Swimming Facilites in Jacksonville Rss Feed