General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Places/Partners to train next week in miami Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2009-05-09 1:55 PM

User image

Maracaibo, Venezuela
Subject: Places/Partners to train next week in miami
Hi everyone, I'll be goin next week (11-17 May) to florida to pick some gear, go to a coldplay concert and enjoy life :D... but I don't want to quit training during the week... I'll be staying on Coral Gables and would like to get some info on places to train (swimming pool, run routes..) I wont be traveling w my bike so I don't really know what I'm gonna do on that department... I woul'd like to meet some local tri ppl and train w them... but I have to tell you I'm new in this sport... also I would like to get some recomendations on local shops to pick some gear (trisuit, powermeter, trainer, shoes and a few other things). Ok thats all for now, let me know anything.

Luis

2009-05-10 7:08 PM
in reply to: #2140577

User image

Expert
Near Tampa
Subject: RE: Places/Partners to train next week in miami

Luis, from CG cross into Key Biscayne, right before the island (after the second and smaller bridge) there will be a left where I understand the "sharks - or landsharks ??? meet and train together.  Sorry I can't be more detailed - I am from the Tampa area so I hope one of the local guys will respond with more detail. 

Perhaps you can search forums or threads called Key Biscayne, this is the same exact location where Miami Intl Tri took place last month.

Exito!  Anade mi user id a tu listado, te ayudo en lo que pueda. I have been logging here for about a year now, and I also just completed my 2do sprint yesterday, I cut 17 minutes from my first race by pure blood, sweat and hard work.   Welcome to BT, and lets hook up if you're ever in the Tampa Bay area.

Edited by TrkHilo2k 2009-05-10 7:09 PM
2009-05-10 9:10 PM
in reply to: #2141964

User image

Maracaibo, Venezuela
Hey thank you a lot for giving me some info, I would try to check that area and yes I also hope that one of the local guys come around this tread.

Great Job on your 2nd sprint man, I'm looking forward to do my first tri and I really enjoy training and putting all that effort in pro of my health. I would let you know if I come around Tampa, maybe in a next trip. Gracias y exito para ti tambien!!!
2009-05-12 8:32 AM
in reply to: #2140577

User image

Master
Red Sox Nation
The local tri group is the Hammerheads.  Google South Florida Triathletes.  They have some mid-week s/b/r in and around CG.  Otherwise, just workout on KB, tons of athletics going on. 
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Places/Partners to train next week in miami Rss Feed