General Discussion Triathlon Talk » I don't get bike nutrition Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2005-04-25 4:03 PM

User image

Regular
Subject: I don't get bike nutrition
Alright so I know there are a ton of disucssions on this already, and I promise I have looked through them, but I still don't get it. I am doing my first half IM this June and im stiil confused on how you are supposed to eat on the bike. When people talk about 'super concentrating' their energy drink in their waterbottle then where are they getting the water from on their rides? I know how to ride my bike but if I take both my hands off and try to unscrew slash mix things together I am fairly certain I will fall, in fact I know I have and will again.

also, do you think gels work as well as sports drinks ?

2005-04-25 4:30 PM
in reply to: #147794

User image

Champion
Two seat rocket plane
Subject: RE: I don't get bike nutrition

I am doing my first 1/2IM in about 2 weeks (gulp)

I plan to carry 2 bottles to start with one with energy drink and one with plain h2o. My race will have 3 bottle hand-off points. I plan on ditching one bottle(the h2o one) and grabbing one from the race folks. I'll probably drain my energy drink fairly slowly over the course of the ride.

I also plan on having a full flask of hammergel in my pocket. I'll probably consume the biggest part of that too (with water).

I won't be doing any mixing on the bike, just in my stomach.

2005-04-25 5:08 PM
in reply to: #147794

User image

Regular
Subject: RE: I don't get bike nutrition
Alright that makes more sense. I was under the impression that they gave you cups like they do for marathons or the running portion. Much more sensible...... thanks for the tip!
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » I don't get bike nutrition Rss Feed