General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Knee Pain Help Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2009-06-29 12:03 AM

Regular
Subject: Knee Pain Help
Hi,

Maybe this sould go in the injuries section but sometimes I'm not sure how often that gets read. I have several races planned for this summer and my first HIM. However, about a month or so ago on a brick workout on my run the center of my knee started to hurt and I had to walk.

I ran again a couple of days later and about 4 miles into my run the same thing happened. I talked with my chiropractor (who does triathlons) and he said to take a couple of weeks off. Okay, I was thinking I am already behind in my training schedule but I will listen. I took two and a half weeks off and ran today. Okay same pain.

I remember hitting my knee pretty hard a few weeks ago but didn't think anything of it. I don't want to go to the doc so I am hoping to hear from someone what they did.

I guess I will walk and run as I can but it sure hurts.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Kendra

2009-06-29 8:50 AM
in reply to: #2249286

Champion
South Jersey
Subject: RE: Knee Pain Help

I know you don't want to go to a doc, but you really should. In the meantime, if you can't dry-land run, do deep-water aquajogging (if you have access to a pool that's at least deep enough where you can't stand). Best of luck.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Knee Pain Help Rss Feed