Canadian Triathlon Forum Ontario » Who's ready for Guelph Lake II!!! Rss Feed  
Moderators: Silver_wlf, alicefoeller Reply
2009-09-03 3:45 PM

Regular
Subject: Who's ready for Guelph Lake II!!!

Looks like weather will be great!!!! Summer is here (finally).  Late but at least it's here.  We've had all kinds of conditions to train and race in this year.  Not sure but water was still posted as high levels of ecoli yesterday at the main beach Guelph Lake so they may need to change it.  Last year Guelph Lake II it was held further into the park at the campers beach (PIT Beach).  The water on that side was not posted yesterday.  They could opt to change the triathlon to a duathlon due to water conditions.  Wait and see Friday (tomorrow). Good luck to all racers....season coming to an end soon...make this your best race yet!   I know I am going to try!!  Happy Labor Day weekend too to all!

2009-09-03 10:59 PM
in reply to: #2388184

User image

Extreme Veteran
Sault Ste. Marie
Subject: RE: Who's ready for Guelph Lake II!!!
I live 12 hour away from guelph...northern ontario.... my dad was heading down to school just in time for the race, i was set to go, and had a nice ride back with a buddy. Woulda been a fun race for me!! i am in great shape and have had just enough rest.  The reason I am using past tense is ...... i caught a GOD DAMN FLU!! first day i was freezing hard with a bad case of the chills.... but my body temp was at 102! had a rough couple days.... now the flu has turned into an aching sore throat and a brutal cough.

I raced Parry sound+orilia a couple weekends ago and it was great!! Wish i could do this race! im gonna miss it for sure. I will have to taper up from this flu and get on track to race Lakeside II in the HSBC series, that should be a little less popular but just as good.

Good luck to all triathletes attending Guelph!! Hope you dont have to "du" it....that would be awful
2009-09-07 6:15 AM

New user

What a beautiful day!  This event is so well organized and that takes away so much stress,  I took 15 minutes off my Guelph Lake 1 time so I was thrilled.  Niced to complete in sunshine than the pisspour rain we had at GL 1

Hope all who completed had a good time!
2009-09-07 8:17 PM

User image

Master
Rural Ontario
What a perfect day for a race. The lake was so calm and warm. The sky blue but the temperature just right. HAPPY TIME!

New Thread
Canadian Triathlon Forum Ontario » Who's ready for Guelph Lake II!!! Rss Feed