Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Hitler reacts to Scott Brown winning Mass Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, the bear, DerekL, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2010-01-21 11:15 AM
in reply to: #2626193

Pro
Subject: RE: Hitler reacts to Scott Brown winning Mass

Jackemy - 2010-01-21 11:07 AM

So North Korea is nationalistic and militaristic and therefore right-wing?

Well since we know that North Korea is let-wing, then we are essentially saying the communism
and Facism are two sides of the same coin. It seems to me that the left right argument and pinning Nazism as a conservative moment is fatally flawed.

Absolutely. Dictatorships should be classified separately from the designations of left-wing and right-wing. Given the historical context, the label of conservative was appropriate: the Nazis sat on the opposite side of the political spectrum from the communists with the ruling social democrats in the middle, and the fact that conservatism at the time was largely defined by authoritarianism and xenophobia. But by today's definition of conservatism, it doesn't apply. And like I said, the Nazis seized power, implemented a dictatorship, and then proceeded to engage in a horrifying genocide. Nobody in the West deserves that comparison.

2010-01-21 11:27 AM
in reply to: #2623443

User image

Veteran
I thought the best mashup was the Hitler rages at Nikon one.

They work the best when there is an inside "joke" and you have a sense of humor.
2010-01-21 3:23 PM
in reply to: #2626387

User image

Master
Portland, ME
Opus - 2010-01-21 11:15 AM

Jackemy - 2010-01-21 11:07 AM

So North Korea is nationalistic and militaristic and therefore right-wing?

Well since we know that North Korea is let-wing, then we are essentially saying the communism
and Facism are two sides of the same coin. It seems to me that the left right argument and pinning Nazism as a conservative moment is fatally flawed.

Absolutely. Dictatorships should be classified separately from the designations of left-wing and right-wing. Given the historical context, the label of conservative was appropriate: the Nazis sat on the opposite side of the political spectrum from the communists with the ruling social democrats in the middle, and the fact that conservatism at the time was largely defined by authoritarianism and xenophobia. But by today's definition of conservatism, it doesn't apply. And like I said, the Nazis seized power, implemented a dictatorship, and then proceeded to engage in a horrifying genocide. Nobody in the West deserves that comparison.

Which is my point.  A political spectrum that has statism on both ends and liberty in the middle is flawed.

Instead of right vs left, it should be tyranny vs liberty or absolute governement vs limited government.

By placing tyranny at both ends government and government's power holders can increase it's control on the middle.
2010-01-21 3:36 PM
in reply to: #2623443

User image

Veteran
Is Scott Brown the first centerfold model to become a U.S. Senator or what?  I need to know because I feel it's an essential fact for my mastery of useless and irrelevant facts.

Well, Obama did want more transparency in the government, and there isn't a whole lot more transparent nude photos.
New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Hitler reacts to Scott Brown winning Mass Rss Feed  

of 2