Canadian Triathlon Forum Manitoba » Bike rental information Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply
2010-02-18 12:17 PM

Subject: Bike rental information

Hopefully someone's still checking the thread.

I'm planning on doing my first 70.3 distance at the Cornman this year.  Apparently 3rd Wave will be hosting.  My sister is thinking of doing the Appleman. We're both going to be in Gimli the week after for a family reunion and thought that this was great timing. 

I'm in Ottawa and was planning on sending my bike down with my parents on the back of their car and renting a road bike here for the last couple of rides the week before the race.  My sister, however, isn't sure how she'd get a bike to Winnipeg for the trip to Morden.

Does anyone know if there's a place in Winnipeg that rents road bikes for a couple of days?  I've found mountain and hyrbids, but ideally she'd have a road bike to avoid the worst of the wind.

Thanks!

2010-02-21 8:32 AM
in reply to: #2679577

User image

Veteran
Subject: RE: Bike rental information

You could check out these shops for roadie rentals:

Alter Ego

Bikes & Beyond

Woodcock Cycleworks

Gords

Good luck!

2010-03-03 8:04 PM
in reply to: #2679577

User image

Extreme Veteran
Manitoba, Canada
Subject: RE: Bike rental information

Hi Kimberly

Welcome to bt .. and to a Wpg tri!  Morden is a fun event to do - last year I did my first HIM there too. There are a several bt'ers that have done it - so you would find some race reports if you are interested (though the names 'cornman' and 'appleman' are pretty new, so try 'Morden' or 'HIM" as your key search words).

I have a road bike that your sister could borrow, let me know if you/she are interested and I'll send you measurements ....lol it has done Morden a couple of times, so it's familiar with the route! (It is the pink bike in my first few albums if you want to check it out.)

New Thread
Canadian Triathlon Forum Manitoba » Bike rental information Rss Feed