General Discussion Triathlon Talk » what's going on? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2010-02-20 12:28 PM

User image

Expert
Columbus
Subject: what's going on?
i love seeing new posts in the ohio forum but lately there hasn't been much discussion. are you in hibernation?

the ice and snow has put a damper on outdoor training. how have you coped?

for some of you treadmills and trainers are part of life. have others started using these? (I have)

other things occupying your time? (for me it has been student teaching)

anyone wanna have a social gathering before the end of winter? - my house or a local pub, pizza jont, coffee house, bowling alley or maybe a group physical activity like mt biking in the snow, sledding, swimming and diving at the rec center, or whatever

Edited by bruehoyt 2010-02-20 12:29 PM

2010-02-20 12:36 PM
in reply to: #2683528

User image

Extreme Veteran
Cleveland Area
Subject: RE: what's going on?
That sounds great, but let e check to see when my rest day is
2010-02-20 12:39 PM

User image

Champion
i'd be up for a group gathering but sadly it will have to wait till miami:-(

We are getting almost hte same weather here, and another 25 inches coming next week:-(

Swim and biking has taken a hit when the weather was bad, and likely will next week again.

Running is going well though and making great progress there.

coaching is taking up most of my time outside of training, and the new team is already improving rapidly. When i started working with them a month ago it was a fairly slow group of kids, we had our 2000m test today and every single girl on the team PR'ed.
2010-02-21 8:39 AM

would be great to get a group ride in once the weather breaks.....
2010-02-21 5:48 PM

User image

Delaware, OH
Been on the dreadmill- should of HTFUed today and run outside but eh...

I'm up for a gathering.  Just a polite way of me saying GET ME OUT OF THE HOUSE!!!!!!!

We could always have a group swim as well and a beer/food after.  Or just a beer.
2010-02-21 6:46 PM

User image

Veteran
I've been doing a lot of little races and struggling to get geared up for training for the Rev3 Ironman (which I still can't decide if I want to do or not...trying to figure out if my back will cooperate)

A get together sounds fun. Since I live in the Dayton area I vote for going to the Adventure Summit at Wright State. http://www.metroparks.org/adventuresummit/We can ask Charlie Engle how much it sucked to run across the Sahara and why he was such a butt monkey to his fellow runners. Then we can go to Tuty's for the "best" in the Fairborn bar scene.

2010-02-22 8:55 AM

User image

Master
Columbus, Ohio
Coaching member
I working hard, but my runs are suffering. Usually I don't do a lot of planning around my runs, because it's easy to just head out and do it, but right now a lot of sidewalks and trails aren't passable, and even in my neighborhood the streets haven't been good enough for running.  Now I did something to my foot, so I'm taking it easy for a few days.
But I've been going strong - finished up 4 months of Masters swimming 3 days a week, and spinning twice a week, and riding the trainer on Sundays, and also doing Plyometrics and Boot Camp once a week each.

In a few weeks, I'm moving onto my official IM training plan for Rev3, and then I'll have to adjust my routine that I've now gotten into.

That Dayton event looks fun, but I'm not sure about the drive and what I would do with the kids - they could do some parts, but are too little for a lecture and for a lot of the events.

I'd be up for a Columbus gathering for those of us in Columbus!
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » what's going on? Rss Feed