General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Reservoir Triathlon - Morgan Hill Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2010-04-06 1:18 PM

Subject: Reservoir Triathlon - Morgan Hill
Anyone signed up for this? I believe this is the first year for this event. I have been riding around Uvas Reservoir the last couple of weeks and with the recent rainfall, it is the fullest I have ever seen it. Also, the bike course has a pretty long/steep decent. The most recent weather report I saw for next week looked a bit wet, so hoping for a dry race. See you all there.

2010-04-07 11:52 AM
in reply to: #2771801

User image

Regular
Sunnyvale, CA
Subject: RE: Reservoir Triathlon - Morgan Hill
Hey Ryan,

I'm doing it too.  Yes, this is the first year for the Reservoir Tri and it looks like it's going to be a pretty nice event.  I haven't ridden much in that area and I was wondering whether a tri bike would be a good choice for the bike course given that you mentioned steep and long downhills.  Unfortunately I'll be unable to pre-ride the course because I'm currently in Italy and I'll be coming back on the 17th! Undecided
2010-04-08 12:44 PM

I think a Tri Bike will work on the course as there are some spots where it is very flat and straight. However, a majority of the course is small rolling hills. Wow, coming back on the 17th and racing on the 18th. Sounds intense!
2010-04-09 3:46 AM
in reply to: #2777530

User image

Regular
Sunnyvale, CA
Thanks for the info about the course.  Intense?  It's probably more suicidal than anything else  Well, at least I won't be jet lagged on race day... 
2010-04-13 3:39 PM

User image

Veteran
Morgan Hill, California
At least the weather is looking like it will cooperate! (knock wood!) I'm looking forward to this one this weekend!
2010-04-17 4:14 PM
in reply to: #2789152

User image

Regular
Sunnyvale, CA
Thanks to a stupid volcano in Iceland I'm gonna miss the Reservoir Tri as I'm stranded in Italy till 4/20.  Great track record this year: I missed 2 out of 2 races so far

2010-04-18 8:57 PM

Sorry to hear that. I can only imagine. Do you live in Italy or just visiting? I watched the Formula 1 race on TV today. They raced in China. All the teams and drivers are stuck in China for several days as a result of the Volcano.

As for the triathlon, unfortunately, you missed a good one. The race was very well organized and the weather was perfect. It was the most fun I have had during a triathlon in a long time. That down hill section I mentioned..... Someone took a really bad fall. He was bleeding pretty bad from his face. It looked like a car might have been involved, but I didnt see. I know the police did speak with the driver. Anyway, good luck making it back to the States.

2010-04-18 9:51 PM

User image

Regular
Sunnyvale, CA
I live in the South Bay and I was just visiting family and friends.  I was supposed to be back by the 16th, the very same day the authorities closed most of the airspace across Europe, lucky me...  

Glad you had a great race! I knew it was bound to be a good one because it was organized by some friends of mine and they really went the extra mile on this.  Hope to be back for the next one in July
2010-04-19 11:05 AM

User image

Veteran
Morgan Hill, California
Hope you make it back soon. I have a co-worker who is stuck in the UK just hoping to get back this week. Sorry to rub it in, but you did miss a great day for racing! Weather was perfect, and the race was very well organized and went off very well. I did see some crashes on the decent, hope everyone ends up ok.

Good luck getting home.
2010-04-20 10:07 AM
in reply to: #2801302

User image

Regular
Sunnyvale, CA
I was supposed to come back today, but one of my two flights got cancelled again, so I've been rebooked on a flight scheduled for the 26th, 10 days after my original return  

Looks like you guy are kind of sadistic: You are really making me suffer for missing the race  Judging from all the comments I read/heard it must have been a great event.  I'll definitely enter next year's race, if I manage to come back home :D

Sorry to hear that someone crashed...  Hope they are doing fine.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Reservoir Triathlon - Morgan Hill Rss Feed