General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Enough Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 10

2010-06-23 9:38 PM
in reply to: #2772289

Veteran
Beatrice, Nebraska
Subject: RE: Enough
Great job stuy on your weight loss. I lost another 2 pounds last week. However, I have missed a couple of workouts and my nutrition has been really bad for the last week or so. I won't be surprised if I gain some of it back this week. I still have until Sunday to work on it so I'm trying to get my nutrition back on track. Have a great rest of the week everybody.

2010-06-27 4:07 PM

Veteran
Beatrice, Nebraska
Weighed in again today, down .5 for the week. Actually happy with this seeing how I have missed a couple of workouts and my nutrition has been off a little. Had one crappy long run and a fairly good long bike, even though the pace doesn't show it. Goal for the week is to make sure I hit all of my workouts and improve on my long run and bike.
2010-06-28 1:06 PM

User image

Expert
Maui, Hawaii
Hi Gang!  I finished my first race a couple of weeks ago (you can see my race report under South Maui Triathlon 6/13).  I LOVED every minute of it.  Now I've got my eyes on an HM in September, so my running will be increasing over the summer.

I was 148.5 on race day, so I was happy to get under 150, but I'm back up to 150.8 this week.  Haven't been eating as carefully over the last couple of weeks and enjoyed a few beers and some wine.  No worries, though, and I feel great.

I've been off the radar these past couple of weeks catching up on all the stuff that piles up when you are training heavily.

Since I seem to hover about 150 and I know I could lose some more body fat, I think a shift in diet is in order.  I'm reading the Paleo Diet for Athletes, thinking of trying it this summer, just got to get a better handle on the what I'm actually going to be eating.  Perhaps the shift away from dairy/grains will be good for awhile - will have to test it and see.

Stuy - congrats on the continued weight loss - that is AWESOME!

Everyone, keep up the good work and lets hear from you!!

2010-07-03 12:29 AM

User image

hello all... I am training hard pushing out 50 plus miles everyother day on my bike plus my swimming on workout days. Doing all that on top of the 5k speed runs that i am doing everyday... I Am really hoping to be in shape for the HIM long come sept.... I jumped on the scale the other day and lost three pounds after a week of working 80 + hours in 4 days.... I find it funny that I can lose more weight by eating the wrong stuff that the right stuff.... Hope everyones training is going well...
2010-07-03 9:15 AM

Veteran
Beatrice, Nebraska
Bummer day here today. Got on the scale and I am up 2.5 pounds this week. Missed a couple of workouts and haven't been watching my intake like I should. I will do better this week. Did have a great ride yesterday. 61 miles and I didn't feel like I was going to die. Feel like all the work I am doing is paying off. Everybody have a great week.
2010-08-03 6:43 PM

User image

Expert
Maui, Hawaii
To quote The Devil Wears Prada - "I'm one stomach flu away from my ideal weight."  However, food poisoning is not the way I wanted to break 150! :-)

I fought a chest cold I brought back from the mainland for two weeks, then WHAM - fabulous tummy time this weekend.  Feeling back to normal today and even got a lifting session in.

How's everyone doing?  Is our little thread dying a slow death here or what?

Hope everyone is having a great racing summer.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Enough Rss Feed  

of 10