General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Ann Arbor Area Swim Coach Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2010-04-29 4:19 PM

Subject: Ann Arbor Area Swim Coach
Just wondering if any of you had a recommendation for an ann arbor area swim coach.   I started swimming regularly about 9 months ago in preparation for my first IM this year.  I have seen drastic gains in the water, and am not concerned about completing, but still have some speed to gain.  I am looking for a few 30 min-1 hour private sessions to analyze stroke technique/body position and get a set of drill work to take to my training.....I have thought about masters swim in ann arbor and even went a few times, but think maybe the one-on-one coaching may be more worth my time.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  

2010-05-02 11:53 AM
in reply to: #2826993

Chelsea area
Subject: RE: Ann Arbor Area Swim Coach
Hi Meg,

I can help you.  I'm a very experienced swim instructor & coach, a former UM-Ann Arbor swim team member (women's Co-Captain, Big Ten champ, NCAA finalist, All-American etc.) and member of the US National Team.  I teach swim classes for swimmers of all abilities, plus we have two Training for Triathletes classes at the Chelsea Health & Wellness Center, about 15 miles from Ann Arbor.  I also offer 1-1 personal instruction and training both on and off-site.  We're going to be starting an open water tri swim training class also, I think around mid-May.  You can email me for more info:  [email protected]  I apologize that that website isn't up and happening yet (www.christiswims.com).  I'm hoping that it will be up and my schedule there in about a week or so.  Meanwhile please email me and hopefully we can connect and work something out for you.  

Christi the Swimmer 
2010-05-02 2:12 PM
in reply to: #2826993

User image

Chelsea, MI
Subject: RE: Ann Arbor Area Swim Coach
My husband ran across this thread and said, hey, isn't that your swim instructor??! And lo and behold, it is.

I've taken a few of Christi's tri swim classes and she's terrific. Very positive, very patient, and not willing to put up with any of my BS. My form's gotten a lot better even from that group environment. I'd highly recommend her.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Ann Arbor Area Swim Coach Rss Feed