General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Where are places to train in Hampton area? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2010-05-31 7:32 AM

User image

Veteran
SC
Subject: Where are places to train in Hampton area?

I'm going to be visiting family in Hampton in July/Aug does anyone know if there is a local YMCA with a pool and spin classes and are there any group bike rides in the area?  Thanks for any info!

Melissa

2010-05-31 8:39 AM
in reply to: #2891791

Subject: RE: Where are places to train in Hampton area?
Hey,
Check out Gus' bike shop (It may have another name) and Exeter Cycles.  Both have websites and both have info on their site about group rides.  Tons of noce roads in and around Hampton as well.  Just a short 20 min drive north puts you at the race site for the Pumpkinman too. 

Im not sure about swimming. Portsmouth has an indoor pool that is open to the public.  That's just 10 minutes form downtown Hampton. 

Im not sure about the YMCA.  I know the TREK bike shop in Portsmouth does group rides, and the have spin classes too.  Check their website out. 

Be careful riding in and around the downtown and near the beach.  Loads of traffic- lots of younger drivers and drivers who dont see you/ dont care.

Good Luck.
2010-06-01 2:01 PM

User image

Gus's bike shop in N. Hampton has a Wed Tri Night and a Sat ride. Sat ride out of Trek Portsmouth as well. Not sure if the spin classes at Trek are still happening.....

There is the Portsmouth Pool and Portsmouth YMCA for swimming. Both have schedules online.
2010-06-01 5:26 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Wellesley, Massachusetts
Def. go to Portsmouth Pool if it's not closed yet (pending budget issues).  You can also go to Spinnaker Point in Portsmouth which is an outdoor pool. Fees are a couple of bucks for the day.

If you look at Trek Portsmouth you can connect with the Vento Tri Club.  They are on FB as well where we post group rides, OWS and runs as well.  We'd be happy to have you join us for a few workouts!!
2010-06-03 9:54 AM

User image

Veteran
SC

Thank you very much for all the info!  I really appreciate it.  I will definitely get in touch with the Tri club & bike shop.  That would be great.  I'm signed up for a 1/2 IM in Sept and I don't want to lose out on any training!

Melissa

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Where are places to train in Hampton area? Rss Feed