General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Leon's World's Fastest Triathlon : Official Thread Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2010-06-04 12:31 PM

Subject: Leon's World's Fastest Triathlon : Official Thread

I'm excited for this triathlon, though I wonder how big the field will be. I see that there are spots still open.

I think Leon's opened up so late (the pre-race email mentioned something about late state approval to close the highway) that a lot of type-A personality triathletes already had their season filled up. This was certainly the case for me, though I had to cancel the Galena tri because of illness. I saw that Leon's was still open, so here I am.

Hope to see a big turnout!

2010-06-05 11:32 AM
in reply to: #2901306

User image

Regular
Northbrook, IL
Subject: RE: Leon's World's Fastest Triathlon : Official Thread

Yes...should be fun. Gotta figure that opening registration late and returning after a 13 (?) year hiatus will keep the field smaller than expected for its first trip back. They did do a good job with marketing it in all the Tri magazines. The bike course sounds really cool. Looking forward to it.

2010-06-05 1:21 PM

Arlington Heights, IL
Anyone know the different AG wave start times are?
2010-06-05 1:33 PM

User image

Veteran
Winter Park, Florida

AG/Waves get announced on race morning at "the motorhome" hq.

I just got back from picking up my packet...noticed I didn't have a T-shirt in the bag and I didn't see T-Shirts at the tent in Trek.  Let me know if you guys got a shirt.  I just emailed the info/race AOL account the same question.

Hope for a dry race and kick some out there tomorrow!

2010-06-06 4:46 PM

New user

Anyone seen results yet?
2010-06-06 9:00 PM

User image

Veteran
Winter Park, Florida
Grrr, nothing on the inter-web

2010-06-07 7:47 AM

Still waiting for results, though I did see an online article from a Gary newspaper with the male and female winners (http://www.post-trib.com/sports/2361120,run-leontri-0607.article). The article seemed to have some official-looking results, ie splits, official times, etc.

The article also stated that there were only 210 participants! What a shame. This was a great course, with lots of support and a centralized transition area (no 200 meter dash to the bikes a la Chicago Triathlon).

I'd like to thank Leon and all the supporters who made this happen. Hopefully, the word will be out that this triathlon is back.

Now, let's see some results! Also, who won the VersaClimber and Trek bike raffles? The odd were pretty good!
2010-06-07 10:13 AM

Results!

http://thtiming.com/

(I found this on a newspaper story of the triathlon... Why don't they have this on the website or active.com?)
2010-06-30 2:36 PM

User image

New user

NW Indiana
I think if they add a sprint, this will grow in popularity. In the article they mentioned adding a sprint in the future...would be less intimidating for some of us.Innocent

those of you that competed, was the swim really as hard as I had heard?
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Leon's World's Fastest Triathlon : Official Thread Rss Feed