Canadian Triathlon Forum Alberta » Ironman Calgary 70.3 Accommodation Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply
2010-06-08 6:13 PM

Subject: Ironman Calgary 70.3 Accommodation
Hello Alberta triathletes,

My accommodations for the Calgary half on August 1st have fallen through. I am very unfamiliar with the area and I need some advice. From the list below, can you recommend a hotel that is both habitable AND fairly close to the expo and/or shuttle destination of the Westin (this is the official hotel but it's too pricey), McMahon Stadium, and Glenmore Park?

International Hotel of Calgary

Glenmore Inn & Convention Centre

Hotel Arts

Regency Suites Hotel

Sandman Hotel

Five Calgary Downtown Suites

Fairmont Palliser

Also, are there any good camping spots that you would suggest? Thanks guys!

-Kevin K

P.S. Let me stay at your pad and I'll bring you a bottle of BC's finest vino

2010-06-09 8:50 AM
in reply to: #2909500

User image

Sherwood Park, Ab
Subject: RE: Ironman Calgary 70.3 Accommodation
I'd stay at the Sheraton in Eau Claire simply because your near the pathway system, near the Westin, near several restrauants and the transit system if you need to get around.

It might be a bit pricey but well worth it.
2010-06-09 10:49 AM

User image

Calgary, Alberta

The International is only a block away from the Westin and it's a nice hotel.

2010-06-09 12:06 PM

User image

Elite
Calgary,AB,Canada
downtown you have the internationlal,westin, sheraton eau claire, ramada, delta bow valley. Lots of choices. If you want to be close to the westin and not stay there they are all super close to it.
you can camp on the outskirts on calgary as well at a few places if that is an option. It'll take a bit to get to the westin or wherever.
I think they have pickup at mcmahon stadium for the race...if so, hit motel village hotels.....its super close and cheaper than downtown probably. little lessy classy though.
2010-06-11 12:58 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran

The Palliser is very nice but likely the same or more expensive than the Westin.  Try for Motel Village if you can.  I'm trying to remember what is there (ride past there most days on the train!!).  Definitely stay away from Savory Lodge.  I think there is a Hampton that looks good at least from the outside.

New Thread
Canadian Triathlon Forum Alberta » Ironman Calgary 70.3 Accommodation Rss Feed