General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Fuel Belt / Race Belt Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2010-06-10 9:32 PM

User image

Champion
NOVA - Ironic for an Endurance Athlete
Subject: Fuel Belt / Race Belt

At Eagleman, I have to wear my race number on my back during the bike and on my front during the run.  The most efficient way is to put the number on a race belt.

I would like to carry my fuel belt for added hydration (or just to pour over my head) during what is sure to be an extremely hot run.  I am probably going to end up with both of them on the run, no?

2010-06-10 10:25 PM
in reply to: #2914769

Expert
Subject: RE: Fuel Belt / Race Belt
yes u are. I have used my fuelbelt and racebelt in my 3 HIM's and have had no problems with them reading my number..or my number being annoying and getting in my way
2010-06-11 5:15 AM
in reply to: #2914842

User image

Champion
Thanks!

I was afraid that I'd look like a geek with two belts during the run, because everything else we triathletes wear looks so cool.
2010-06-11 5:38 AM
in reply to: #2914769

User image

Champion
MA
I did my last IM with both. I even tried a run with both to see how it would work with both and if number would get tangled up in Fuel Belt but it didn't.

Fuel Belt came up with this cool accessory, race number attachment,  that some Pro wanted that allows you to attach your race number to fuel belt.

I was going to use Fuel Belt with number attachment things for my last HIM, but realized if put the part of the Fuel Belt that open and closes in front, I couldn't attach both sides of the race number before the race as I couldn't get it on. I think for next race I'd try a couple runs with Fuel Belt on backwards so velcro in back and see how it works and then use race number attachment.

2010-06-11 6:39 AM
in reply to: #2914990

User image

Champion
KathyG - 2010-06-11 5:38 AM I did my last IM with both. I even tried a run with both to see how it would work with both and if number would get tangled up in Fuel Belt but it didn't.

Fuel Belt came up with this cool accessory, race number attachment,  that some Pro wanted that allows you to attach your race number to fuel belt.

I was going to use Fuel Belt with number attachment things for my last HIM, but realized if put the part of the Fuel Belt that open and closes in front, I couldn't attach both sides of the race number before the race as I couldn't get it on. I think for next race I'd try a couple runs with Fuel Belt on backwards so velcro in back and see how it works and then use race number attachment.

Also, it would mean that I would wear my fuel belt backward during the bike. I am not sure that I want to do that!

Edited by pga_mike 2010-06-11 6:41 AM
2010-06-11 7:15 AM
in reply to: #2915036

User image

Master
White Plains NY
pga_mike - 2010-06-11 7:39 AM
KathyG - 2010-06-11 5:38 AM I did my last IM with both. I even tried a run with both to see how it would work with both and if number would get tangled up in Fuel Belt but it didn't.

Also, it would mean that I would wear my fuel belt backward during the bike. I am not sure that I want to do that!

Thats exactly what it would mean. I have done that in every race. Put it on backwards on the bike, slide it around forwards for the run. Keep your mounted gels to the sides of the belt so that they are NOT sticking into your stomach on the bike. Good luck!

2010-06-11 9:52 AM
in reply to: #2915036

User image

Champion
MA

You get two race numbers for Ironman 70.3 or IM races. I just change them...use race number for bike in back, switch to Fuel Belt with other number for run.

Yah I wouldn't use Fuel Belt on the bike.
2010-06-11 10:43 AM
in reply to: #2915089

User image

Veteran
Metairie
wstchstrTriathlete - 2010-06-11 7:15 AM

Thats exactly what it would mean. I have done that in every race. Put it on backwards on the bike, slide it around forwards for the run. Keep your mounted gels to the sides of the belt so that they are NOT sticking into your stomach on the bike. Good luck!

You wear a hydration fuel belt on the bike, or a gel holding fuel belt on the bike?

I beleive OP wants to have his hydration belt on the run, but needs to have his bib number on the bike.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Fuel Belt / Race Belt Rss Feed