General Discussion Triathlon Talk » 6:30 a.m. Alum Creek Swim Saturday Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2010-09-01 10:23 AM

User image

Master
Columbus, Ohio
Coaching member
Subject: 6:30 a.m. Alum Creek Swim Saturday
Sorry we can't go any earlier than this. There is hardly any light in the sky at all now before then.

Me and another guy are meeting there for a taper brick. We aren't really looking for company on the ride and run, but anyone is welcome on the swim.  (Not to be rude. I just can't risk riding with an unknown quantity right now. Too close to the race. No more crashes for me, thanks.)

Meet at Alum Creek Beach for the swim. At the near end, closest to the playground.

2010-09-01 11:08 AM
in reply to: #3075807

User image

Columbus, OH
Subject: RE: 6:30 a.m. Alum Creek Swim Saturday
Hey, this could be the one!  I was hoping to do a mini-tri starting with an Alum Creek swim on Saturday.  The 6:30 hour is perfect.  If family plans don't get in the way, I may finally meet you.  I'm hoping to wet-suit swim an hour, drive home, get on my bike and ride for a couple hours, and then do a couple hours in the racing wheelchair.  No speed or stress for the day.  The weather looks perfect.
Speaking of weather, that's the only thing on my mind now for the following weekend.  Nothing like a bad weather day to completely neutralize 9 months of training!
How's the accident recovery coming along?
2010-09-01 11:24 AM
in reply to: #3075807

User image

Master
Columbus, Ohio
Coaching member
Alright! Yes!
Sounds great.

Hey, I saw your books in the Athlete Guide for Rev3. That is awesome!  I would love to talk to you at some point (not Saturday) about the publication process. I have a couple books in me, and I think I may have the will to finally get them written after this race. I have a background in newspaper/magazine journalism, but I don't know a lot about book publication. Just some minimal research.

The other guy coming with me is Mark, a training buddy of mine who is also doing Rev 3 (full).
2010-09-01 11:34 AM
in reply to: #3075968

User image

Master
Columbus, Ohio
Coaching member
mberries - 2010-09-01 12:08 PM Hey, this could be the one!  I was hoping to do a mini-tri starting with an Alum Creek swim on Saturday.  The 6:30 hour is perfect.  If family plans don't get in the way, I may finally meet you.  I'm hoping to wet-suit swim an hour, drive home, get on my bike and ride for a couple hours, and then do a couple hours in the racing wheelchair.  No speed or stress for the day.  The weather looks perfect.
Speaking of weather, that's the only thing on my mind now for the following weekend.  Nothing like a bad weather day to completely neutralize 9 months of training!
How's the accident recovery coming along?

Weather: No kidding! It's swinging wildly behind 70 and 90. Which is the difference between a 13-hour day and a 17-hour day for me, I think.

Knee recovery: Going well. I did a monster brick Sunday and my knee felt fine. Went to the doctor yesterday and he drained some stuff off the outside of the kneecap (as opposed to the inside of the knee) and that has helped with the sensitivity to pain on the outside of the knee.
2010-09-02 8:11 AM
in reply to: #3076059

User image

Columbus, OH
I park and enter the water by the bath house.  There's a post on the beach there where I can padlock my wheelchair.  See you Saturday.
2010-09-03 12:53 PM
in reply to: #3077910

User image

Master
Columbus, Ohio
Coaching member
mberries - 2010-09-02 9:11 AM I park and enter the water by the bath house.  There's a post on the beach there where I can padlock my wheelchair.  See you Saturday.

See you there!

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » 6:30 a.m. Alum Creek Swim Saturday Rss Feed