General Discussion Race Reports! » Scotiabank Waterfront Marathon, Half-Marathon and 5k Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

Scotiabank Waterfront Marathon, Half-Marathon and 5k - RunHalf Marathon

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Toronto, Ontario
Canada
Canada Running Series
11C / 52F
Sunny
Total Time = 2h 22m 45s
Overall Rank = 3099/7878
Age Group = M35-39
Age Group Rank = 485/534
Pre-race routine:

Had a coffee. Paid for parking.
Event warmup:

Ran to the starting pen
Run
  • 2h 22m 45s
  • 22.1 kms
  • 06m 28s  min/km
Comments:

Done. It's done. It hurts. Everything. Not a whole lot to say other than it freaking hurts. A lot. Only walked about 16 minutes of it. My IT band started hurting about 5k in. At least it didn't get much worse during the run. But everything is sore. Every injury I've had is feeling it a bit, and every corresponding area on the other leg is feeling injured too. So there. At least I'm not exhibiting too many imbalances, right? There's a bright side to everything!

I'm going to reassess injuries later.

All in all it was pretty awesome though. Not sure if I'm going to be ready for a full marathon in the spring, but I'm definitely slotting another half in the spring.
What would you do differently?:

Aside from training properly, for next time I should definitely grid further up. It was a serious PITA getting around the other people in the slow pen. I spent the first half of the race just passing people. Not as fun as it sounds when you're getting stuck behind people and having to break your rhythm. I suppose that's why some people grid faster than they are. I was borderline, so I chose conservatively. Oh well.
Post race
Warm down:

Limped to the car.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Not enough training

Last updated: 2010-08-24 12:00 AM
Running
02:22:45 | 22.1 kms | 06m 28s  min/km
Age Group: 0/534
Overall: 0/7878
Performance:
First 15k at 6:05 pace. AHR was 167 for that section. Overall AHR was 167. Must have been a result of cardiac drift. I had no problems maintaining the higher heart rate, but I purposely tried to keep my HR down for the rest of it.
Course: Flat. Very flat.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race?
Evaluation
Course challenge
Organized?
Events on-time?
Lots of volunteers?
Plenty of drinks?
Post race activities:
Race evaluation [1-5]

{postbutton}
2010-09-26 9:56 AM

User image

Toronto, ON
Subject: Scotiabank Waterfront Marathon, Half-Marathon and 5k
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Scotiabank Waterfront Marathon, Half-Marathon and 5k Rss Feed