United States
60F / 16C
Precipitation
Total Time = 1h 28m 42s
Overall Rank = 83/249
Age Group = Relay Team/Team KJJ
Age Group Rank = 0/
Event warmup:

Jogged back and forth to my Xterra twice looking for my sunglasses. I didn't find them to after my ride.
Bike
  • 50m 26s
  • 5 kms
  • 5.95 km/hr
Comments:

It was a great ride for me. I was a little nervous just before the start, but then I got really pumped up and couldn't wait it hit the road. Overall I thought my performance was good. I felt strong the whole ride and I ran down a lot of bikers. I was worried about the wet pavement at first but figured I had nothing to lose so I went for it.
What would you do differently?:

I got to comfortable there at the end (I hit the flat part of the course by the river and went into cruise mode). I didn't get going again until I got past with less then a mile to go so I cranked it. I kicked butt on the last hill.
Post race
Warm down:

Warm-down...what Warm-down? I hoped off the bike and then went to cheer on my team-mates and friends.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

The wet roads defiantly keep me from going "all-out" the entire race. I did get a little crazy though on some of the down-hills.

Event comments:

Very good race (considering I've never done anything like this before). I just wish I was a little futher along in my swimming to were I could have done the whole Triathlon by myself. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed being on a team and getting my feet wet but my goal is to compete and finish a Tri by myself.

Profile Album

Last updated: 2004-01-07 12:00 AM
Biking
00:50:26 | 05 kms | 5.95 km/hr
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 30/249
Performance: Good
Wind: Little
Course: Most of the ride was on a windy country road and include crossing a set of train tracks.
Road: Smooth Wet Cadence:
Turns: Average Cornering: Average
Gear changes: Average Hills: Good
Race pace: Hard Drinks: Not enough
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 4
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right