General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Tri Schedule / Training Plans - HM to Oly to HIM Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2011-01-10 10:34 PM

User image

Veteran
Nassau, Bahamas
Subject: Tri Schedule / Training Plans - HM to Oly to HIM
Hey Guys,

Lets start where I have been.  Last half of last year I did a 2 mile swim, two 5k swims,  one Sprint Traithlon, a 5k run and a 10k race as part of training for a half mary (Marathon Bahamas) this Sunday.  This is where I am at now.

I am taking a week off to go sail in Key West Race Week right after the half marathon, I may have to sit in the pit and not use my legs for the first day or two!

I would then like to compete in the Gator Olympic triathlon in Sarasota on March 20th which gives me 8 weeks of training.  I was thinking of then going on to the Gulf Coast Half Ironman in Panama City on May 11.

I think I could jump in and do the training plan on here with 8 weeks left, including to have a week off after the half mary which I will be sailing and they have a pool so probably swimming maybe a light run.  

Would going from an Olympic to a Half Ironman in 8 weeks be  absurd?  I think I can put in the minutes required on both plans.  My logs are fairly accurate in terms of minutes.  I have not been logging things like P90X yoga or stretch but I do usually log the cardio plyo etc but haven't done them much recently, focusing on running.

If you have alternate race suggestions in the FL area I'd like to hear them!

Thanks for any advise, comments, etc! 

2011-01-11 11:45 AM
in reply to: #3291576

User image

Veteran
Nassau, Bahamas
Subject: RE: Tri Schedule / Training Plans - HM to Oly to HIM
shameless <bump>
2011-01-11 11:59 AM
in reply to: #3291576

User image

Elite
Lakewood, CO
Subject: RE: Tri Schedule / Training Plans - HM to Oly to HIM
Your swim volume should be good, and if you do your HM comfortably, your run should be ok, the big question is your bike.  Your logs don't support much to do 56 miles and run 13.1 afterward.

Look at the beginner HIM plan on the site and see if you can do what is required from week 14 to race time.  Make an educated decision after that.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Tri Schedule / Training Plans - HM to Oly to HIM Rss Feed