General Discussion Triathlon Talk » ISM Racing Saddle vs. ISM Road Saddle Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2011-01-19 8:18 AM

User image

Concord, CA
Subject: ISM Racing Saddle vs. ISM Road Saddle
Had the ISM Adamo Racing saddle come with my new QR CD0.1 and am experiencing some pain, not numbness, but pain where the nosing splits.  More prevalent when I'm out of the aero bars or when I reach back for a water bottle.  It tends to start digging in after about 20 miles.  Has anyone gone from the Racing saddle to the Road saddle that can offer some testimony about the "feel".  ISMs web site states the Road is a little wider, has more padding and the nose is a little wider.  Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Mike

2011-01-19 11:41 AM
in reply to: #3308273

Veteran
Subject: RE: ISM Racing Saddle vs. ISM Road Saddle
I have only used the Road version and really like it. It took time to get used to but I've found the aero position is most comfortable for me. When riding up on the bullhorns I'm not as comfortable. The discomfort is back on the sit bones and not from the nose of the saddle. At times if I ride too far forward in aero the nose causes discomfort. The width of the saddle never caused any issues though it seemed somewhat bothersome at first, now I don't even notice it. Overall I'm sold on the saddle after trying many others. As with some products there is a sweet spot that when you find it it's great. It definately is a personal thing. 

Call Trisports, they have a test ride program, if you like the saddle and want to buy it, the demo price is applied to purchase. Good luck.
2011-01-19 12:30 PM

User image

Master
Baltimore
I started with the Race.  Loved it.  Then spent some time and started to feel exactly as you did (major discomfort out of aero, even if only for a minute).  I wasn't concerned enough about out of aero performance to make me switch, but enough to make me want to try the Road (LBS had a 60 trial period).  What a relief!  Road was great all around (have one on my road bike now too).  The Road is more forgiving over long distances even if you just stay in aero I found (where the Race started to bother me after awhile in aero too).  I thought this was just the break in period of a new saddle, but the first ride on the Road has zero of the discomfort I had felt the ride before on the Race.
2011-01-19 2:26 PM

User image

Concord, CA
Thanks a lot for the feedback.  The LBS does not stock the Road saddle, but I am within the test period so I think I'll try the road.  I don't expect to be out of the aero's that much, but I think I could be a bit more comfortable.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » ISM Racing Saddle vs. ISM Road Saddle Rss Feed