General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Nashville area bike rides.... Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2011-02-16 11:29 AM

User image

Veteran
Fayetteville, AR
Subject: Nashville area bike rides....
so i was responding above to the "revamp" of the TN site, and it got me thinking about biking, and where to do it in the Nashville area. 

So i know about the Trace, and i hit up the greenways, but they have a "speed limit", which i don't always follow, but it can get crowded out there, so sometimes you have to keep the speed down to avoid people.  Anyway, who has some suggestions of where to ride SAFELY (i.e. minimal cars), and where there are some flatter areas?  I can hit the trace if i want hills.  Thanks!

2011-02-17 10:46 AM
in reply to: #3358019

User image

Master
Columbia, TN
Subject: RE: Nashville area bike rides....
Until you said flat, I was going to suggest Percy Warner.  It's a climb-fest....but almost never a car.

It's a shame not to be able to ride just outside your door.  But if you want some sweet riding, look in to the Saturday morning rides organized by Harpeth Bikes.  They start somewhere in Franklin, and I always see them in the remote regions of Williamson and Maury counties.  Those are some of the best riding areas on the planet.
2011-02-25 8:04 AM
in reply to: #3358019

User image

New user
Subject: RE: Nashville area bike rides....

I rode a few weeks ago downtown and past the capital.  I got started at 7ish on a Sunday morning, so no cars.  There is some flat parts past farmers market by the industrial area.  What I was doing was trying to follow the marathon course, needed a change of pace then the Trace.  Trace is great for long endurance rides and long gradual hills.  I needed to have short steep hills. 

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Nashville area bike rides.... Rss Feed