General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Non chemical nutrition during a HIM Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 3

2011-02-21 7:42 PM
in reply to: #3365848

User image

Master
Sedona, AZ
Subject: RE: Non chemical nutrition during a HIM
newbz - 2011-02-21 3:35 PM
You know you want to........... On topic, my real issue with real food in a race has nothing to do with not wanting to take it, but not being able to carry it all. On long training rides i do take some real food, or whatever will fit in my pockets, but in a race i've got no where to put it all, the gels/drinks offer me a much easier way to carry it.

That's definitely an issue. The OP mentioned they were more interested in completing the distance, not trying to win. This gives them a little more time to pack up additional nutrition in transition.

I also make my own sports drink with maltodextrin, salt, 'lite' salt, and sugar-free crystal light. Sometimes I'll add a little protein powder (whey or soy), but i only drink my nutrition on the bike. On the run, gels are my food of choice with water to wash them down.

On the swim? Whatever nasty junk is floating around in the lake that I accidentally swallow. I try not to think about it too much.

2011-02-21 8:47 PM
in reply to: #3364896

User image

Pro
Burbs
Subject: RE: Non chemical nutrition during a HIM
Not sure if this was said already, but PBJ sandwhiches are good on the bike. I like the "uncrustables" (for convenience, taste, and packaging) but I'm sure they have some stuff in there you want to avoid.... you could easily make your own, but I'd be careful to avoid high fiber bread!
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Non chemical nutrition during a HIM Rss Feed  

of 3