General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Race bib during duathlon? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2011-07-08 4:41 PM

User image

Expert
Oklahoma
Subject: Race bib during duathlon?

This weekend will be my first multi sport race.  I've run a ton of road races and I've always pinned my number on my singlet.  What about during a duathlon?  I had my packet pickup this afternoon and I was given one race bib.  So does it go on my bike and I mark my number on my body?  Or do I wear it on my tri jersey and put nothing on my bike?

2011-07-08 4:47 PM
in reply to: #3587319

User image

Payson, AZ
Subject: RE: Race bib during duathlon?
Interesting they gave you nothing for the bike, but that means you need to wear the number throughout.  In a Du I would anyways.  I would still wear a tri belt and have the number on the front like they want typically in a run and on the bike I would flip the number around out of my way and on my back.
2011-07-08 4:51 PM
in reply to: #3587319

User image

Extreme Veteran
Victoria
AFAIK you only need to wear it during the run portion. What a lot of people do is get a racebelt and attach the bib to that so it's easy to take on and off.
2011-07-08 5:01 PM
in reply to: #3587337

User image

Payson, AZ

ubersteiny - 2011-07-08 2:51 PM AFAIK you only need to wear it during the run portion. What a lot of people do is get a racebelt and attach the bib to that so it's easy to take on and off.

Normally that would be true but they didn't give a number for the bike and I am betting they want to know who is who on the bike.  It should be in the race rules somewhere but I bet you need to wear it on the bike.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Race bib during duathlon? Rss Feed