General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Torhans Aero 20 vs. Speedfil A2 Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2011-10-11 1:21 PM

User image

The Natti
Subject: Torhans Aero 20 vs. Speedfil A2
Just back from Kona and I had the chance to sit down with the Torhans and Speedfil owners to go over their products. I will say that both are very elegant pieces of equipment. The thing I like is that they are both compact and functional, not like having a huge clunky hydration tank on your handlebars.

Torhans is more the tradional aero-bottle. Wedge shape, traditional top fill. The harware that attaches is very light but looks durable. The 20 oz size is perfect for athletes like me that are minimalist by nature. It's a very nice piece of equipment. I would be very happy to strap it on my bike.

Speedfil is more the new school bottle between the aero-bars set up. I know that Cervelo stopped by the booth to say that they had the A2 in the wind tunel and it tested VERY well. The shape does divert air flow and is improvement on drag. The flip top that Jeff designed is nothing short of brilliant, no splash and I don't think it would be hard to re-fill on the fly. Perfect if you mix in concentrate for long-course and want to mix your concentrate with water on the fly. It works with any Specialized bottle.

I really like both of these products.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Torhans Aero 20 vs. Speedfil A2 Rss Feed