General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Houston/Pearland swim coach Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2011-10-28 3:46 PM

Pearland
Subject: Houston/Pearland swim coach

Any recommendations? I'm a slow swimmer (2:30-2:45 per 100) and need help with balance and technique.

2015-06-19 10:51 AM
in reply to: dwshorn

User image

Tyler,
Subject: RE: Houston/Pearland swim coach

Hey, check out my partner Jeremy Brown from Mind Right Multisport. He lives in Pearland. 

2015-07-08 3:57 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Pearland, Texas
Subject: RE: Houston/Pearland swim coach
EDIT: Sorry! Just realized this post was ancient. My recommendation still stands, though.

Another recommendation is Johnny Z's PowerHouse Racing out of Friendswood. I've learned a ton from their weekly group swims, but I also did one private lesson when I was first starting out. I was an absolutely atrocious swimmer when I started (April of this year). My form was disastrous and I couldn't even complete a single 25 yard length without gasping for air (despite being in great physical condition coming off of marathon training/racing). I'm now down in the 1:45/100 yard range in less than 3 months of working with them. Still got lots of work to do, but they've helped me a TON and they definitely shortened my learning curve.

What's been most beneficial to me is that they have three different swim coaches that lead workouts. All three coaches have seen different things with my stroke and given me tips.

Their number is 281-787-8285. Or powerhouseracing.net. I'm in no way affiliated with them other than being a customer. Good folks!

I swim at Pearland Natatorium 2-3 times a week. I've got no business coaching you on form, but if you're ever looking to get a workout in with another local triathlete shoot me a message.

Edited by imthejason 2015-07-08 4:00 PM
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Houston/Pearland swim coach Rss Feed